VirginCasino.com is a legal NJ online gambling site that operates under the Tropicana Atlantic City Internet gaming license. The site launched in January 2014, shortly after the first wave of regulated online casinos went live in New Jersey.
The site’s online casino platform is provided by UK-based online gaming operator Gamesys Group. If that name sounds familiar, it’s because Gamesys is known as the pioneer behind Britain’s biggest online bingo site, JackpotJoy. Gamesys is also the company that acquired the assets of Virgin Games in 2013.
Virgin Casino is a very highly regarded site by NJ online casino players, and for good reason.The casino offers one of the most eclectic blends of games, particularly table games, in the industry.
Together with sister site Tropicana Casino, Virgin has scaled to the top of the NJ revenue charts, ranking just below the Borgata in total online casino win. Should it continue to support some of the industry’s most generous promotions, it’s reputation among New Jersey players will only continue to swell.
Virgin Casino NJ Promo Code
Unlike the case on most other sites, players new to Virgin Casino won’t have to turnover their initial deposit 10, 20, or 100 times before reaping any rewards.
Instead, players who sign up for VirginCasino.com using the exclusive NJ promo code 20BUCKS will receive a free $20 upon registering an account. There is no deposit required.
In addition, when players make their first deposit, they will be automatically be entitled to up to $100 cash back on their net losses over their first seven days of play. That’s real money, not a bonus.
In order to qualify, players must deposit at least $10, but they’ll probably want to deposit the full $100. That’s because even if players lose their initial $100 in the first week, all that money will be returned to their cash wallet by VirginCasino.com.
- Game Variety
- Mobile Compatibility
- Bonus Value
- Customer Service
- Game Fairness & Security
Virgin Casino may not offer as many online casino games as some of its direct competitors, but what it lacks in sheer size it more than makes up for in the quality of its games and overall product. Virgin also excels when it comes to game exclusivity, offering slot, blackjack, keno, and bingo variants that aren't easily found elsewhere in New Jersey. Other big draws include the site's intuitive layout, active promotional schedule, and of course its $100 cash back offer for new players. The latter alone is reason enough to give VirginCasino.com a whirl.
Virgin online casino software
VirginCasino.com has clearly spared no expense when it comes to its online casino client, offering patrons an easy to navigate, and aesthetically pleasing browser-based interface. Just about all modern PC and Mac browsers are compatible, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari.
Players will need to install a geolocation plug-in, which is used to ensure that they’re located in the state NJ.
Virgin Casino also has a rather comprehensive mobile application available for both Android and iOS powered devices. The app has come quite a ways from its first iteration, both in terms of stability and game selection. However, the computer client still offers quite a few more games, and overall, provides the best online casino gambling experience.
VirginCasino.com – registration
Getting up and going on VirginCasino.com is a fairly quick process, but does require a few more steps than US players may be accustomed to. These added protocols are to ensure the integrity of player accounts.
Players must provide their:
- First name, last name
- SSN (just the last four digits)
- Full address
Pending the information checks out, and registrants are at least 21 and geolocated in New Jersey, they should be good to go. However, occasionally the site will necessitate additional identity proofs, such as a bank statement, driver’s license, or utility bill.
Also worth noting, is that Virgin requires players to enter the last four digits of their SSN and their zip code each time they sign in. This Strong Authentication is an added security measure instituted by the site, and does not appear to be optional.
Game selection at Virgin Casino
At present, VirginCasino.com featured just over 130 slot games. The casino also supports over 20 other games, spread across video poker, blackjack, other table games, and keno.
Top slot and keno titles
Virgin Casino offers its fair share of top-flight and exclusive slot and keno titles:
- Secrets of the Phoenix
- Wheel of Fortune On Tour
- Wonderland (progressive)
- Deal Or No Deal (progressive)
- Ultra 5 Reels
- Davinci Diamonds
- Silent Movie
- FairyTale Legends: Red Riding Hood
- Lobstermania 2
- Guns N Roses
- Double Diamond
- The Godfather
- Spartacus: Gladiator of Rome
- Twin Spin
- Zeus 1000
- Family Guy
- Jack Hammer 2
- Fortune Teller Keno
Virgin Casino offers single and multi-line versions of its Game King video poker games. The multi-line games feature the best payout tables of any Three and Five Play machines in the market.
- Jacks or Better
- Bonus Poker
- Double Bonus Poker
- Double Double Bonus Poker
- Triple Play Draw Poker
- Five Play Draw Poker
VirginCasino.com doesn’t skimp when it comes to blackjack, offering six variants, each with a different nuance or two:
- Atlantic City Blackjack
- Singe Deck Blackjack (No Hole Card)
- High Stakes Blackjack (*recommended)
- Multihand Blackjack (No Hole Card)
- Vegas DownTown Blackjack
- Vegas Strip Blackjack
Some table games on display at Virgin Casino can be difficult to find elsewhere in NJ:
- Pai Gow Poker
Virgin Casino is one of the few NJ online gambling sites to offer a single zero roulette game at low denominations. Single Zero Roulette can be played for as little as $0.10 per spin, regardless of whether the wagers are inside or outside. A high-stakes version of the game is also available, with a top-end bet of $4,000.
There is also American Roulette, which is generally best avoided due to the presence of a second 0 on the wheel.
90 Ball Bingo
Virgin Casino and its sister site Tropicana Casino were the first duo to launch regulated online bingo in the NJ online casino market. 90 Ball Bingo features a live chat lobby, mini games and Super Jackpots.
Games are priced at $1, $2 or $5 per strip, and run every five minutes.
90 Ball Bingo how-to
90 Ball Bingo is not quite like traditional bingo, but the resemblances are apparent.
Players can purchase up to 10 strips per game. Once the contest begins, numbers are called at random. Then, player strips will be automatically filled in by Virgin’s electronic dauber until someone hits a Full House, at which time the match concludes. Matches typically take no longer than five minutes — great for gamblers who desire immediate rewards.
Cash rewards, the amount of which are based upon how many players entered the contest, are won for making one line, two lines, and a full house. There is also a Super Jackpot prize, which is awarded if a player makes a full house in 51 ball calls or less.
Winning lines – 90-Ball Bingo
- One line
- Two lines
- Full House
- Super Jackpot – Full House in 51 calls or less
It’s worth noting that 90 Ball Bingo games do not run around the clock – the lobby appears to be open from 10 a.m. through 11 p.m. daily.
Virgin Casino’s promotional schedule is about as rich as it gets. Not a day goes by when players don’t have at least one opportunity to cash in on a one-off or recurring event:
- Refer a Friend: Get $50 in bonus money each time a referred friend registers and makes a deposit of at least $10 and a wager.
- Win Free Spins: Play one of two games daily for the chance to win free slot machine spins.
- Community Jackpot: Whenever someone hits a jackpot, recently active players will get a chance to share the spoils, up to $20,000 in additional rewards.
- Redeem V* Points: Convert earned loyalty points to bonus money.
- Up to $100 cash back: Make a first deposit of at least $10 and automatically receive a 100 percent up to $100 refund on net losses.
- Daily/weekly promotions: These run the gamut from match deposits, point multipliers, sweepstakes drawings for prizes and vacations, and cashback bonuses.
V* Points are Virgin Casino’s loyalty points. Earned points can be exchanged for cash at a rate of 100 V* Points per $1.
- Earn 1 V* Point for every $15 wagered on 90 Ball Bingo
- Earn 1 V* Point for every $40 wagered on slots
- Earn 1 V* Point for every $100 wagered on other games (blackjack, video poker, etc.)
Bonus money only carries a 1x playthrough requirement, but only the winnings can be cashed out.
The most loyal spenders on Virgin Casino will gain access to the VIP Program, and the myriad perks that come with membership. These include:
- Ongoing VIP bonuses
- Birthday bonuses
- Luxury gifts
- V* Point multipliers
- VIP Hosts
Top-end VIPs will receive even better treatment, gaining access to the hottest shows and sporting events in town, as well as airfare, hotel stays, and luxury dining experiences.
Cashiering at Virgin Casino
At present, there are seven different depositing methods available at VirginCasino.com, and a healthy dose of withdrawal options.
Depositing on Virgin Casino is getting easier and easier as time wears on, with most methods boasting instant transaction times and carrying little or no fees:
- Instant e-Checks (ACH) (recommended)
- Online Bank Transfer (recommended)
- 7-Eleven Pay Near Me
- Cash at the Tropicana Caisno cage
Withdrawal methods change based on which deposit methods were used. Players must verify their identity before a withdrawal can be processed:
- Bank transfer: Eligible if the player used an e-Check to deposit.
- Check by mail: Minimum $20, significantly longer turnaround time than other methods
- Cash at the Tropicana casino cage
- Neteller/Skrill: Can only be used if these were used for third party deposits.
Virgin Casino player support
The level of player support available to Virgin Casino patrons or par with what one would expect from a licensed NJ operator, and that’s not a bad thing. VirginCasino.com offers four types of customer support:
- 24/7 Live Chat: Representatives are on call round-the-clock to answer common and complicated questions alike. This is likely the fastest means of getting an inquiry answered.
- Phone: Players can speak to a live representative between the hours of 9 a.m. and 11 p.m., seven days a week. Wait times tend toward the shorter side.
- Email: Round-the-clock support, but replies may take up to 24 hours.
- FAQ section: Players can find answers to the most common inquiries by navigating to the VirginCasino.com FAQ section. This can be found by navigating to Menu > Help & FAQ.