Best Gamblings Apps In New Jersey December 2021
Licensed in New Jersey
- Great navigation and design
- Over 900 different games, including progressive slots and live dealer games
- Signup for $10 + 200 Free Spins with code PLAYBONUS
- Ability to try the games without creating an account
- Sports betting not as good as some of its competitors.
Licensed in New Jersey
- Highly respected by NJ gamblers
- Expansive selection of table games
- Signup for $30 + $100 loss rebate with code 30BUCKS
- Ongoing casino promotions
- Slots selection not as good as some of its competitors.
Licensed in New Jersey
- Highly-rated, stable software
- Returns run as high as 99.5 percent on select video poker games
- Signup for $25 + $100 loss rebate with code PLAY25
- Ongoing casino promotions including Tropicana refer-a-friend
- Slots selection not as good as some of its competitors.
New Jersey Gambling Updates
New Jersey Online Casinos: New Jersey online casinos are more popular than ever. In September 2021, NJ online casinos accepted over $120 million in bets. That’s up $35 million from the same time the year prior. Concerns that online casino figures would go down post-COVID-19 vaccine are officially extinguished, especially as we enter colder months that bring more people inside.
New Jersey Online Sports Betting: Restrictions remain on in-state college betting in New Jersey after voters defeted a ballot initiative to expand colelge betting during the November 2021 election. New Jersey sports bettors made history by betting over $1 billion in a single month at the sportsbooks. Both online sportsbooks and retail sportsbooks saw a huge surge with the MLB Postseason and the start of the 2021-22 NFL Season. But the vast majority of bets were done online, and this record of $1,011,114,311 is just begging to be broken.
How We Determine The Best New Jersey Gambling Sites
Thankfully, all legally-licensed online casinos and sports betting apps in New Jersey are safe, legitimate places to bet. If the Division of Gaming Enforcement (DGE) approved the app, you know it uses the proper levels of data encryption and only hosts verified-fair games.
However, the best New Jersey gambling sites set themselves apart in a variety of ways. Here are some of the things we look for:
- Stability and reliability on iOS, Android, and desktop devices.
- Huge variety of high-quality games.
- Impressive sports betting market depth and competitive odds.
- Biggest online casino welcome bonuses.
- NJ online sportsbook promo codes with the best terms.
- No-deposit signup bonuses and other introductory offers.
We’ve tested every New Jersey online casino and sportsbook to find the best of the best, and read all the T&Cs to make sure our readers know exactly what to expect. All promo codes and welcome bonuses are updated in real-time as well, so you know you’re always getting the best deal.
Types Of New Jersey Gambling Sites
New Jersey legalized every type of online gambling as long as it’s done at licensed sites. Good thing it also happens to have the best online gambling sites in the US. Here are the types of online gambling you can do in New Jersey:
- Casino Gaming: Some of the top online casino sites include Golden Nugget Online, Virgin Casino, and Tropicana Casino.
- Sports Betting: The three best NJ online sportsbooks are DraftKings, BetMGM, and Caesars.
- Online Poker: Multiplayer online poker sites in New Jersey include titans like WSOP.com, PokerStars, and BetMGM Poker.
- Betting On Horses: Anyone 18 and up in New Jersey can bet on horses at the best legal site: TVG.
New Jersey Online Casino Apps
Online casino apps in New Jersey had a big head start on the rest of the country. Players that join today get big no-deposit bonuses, risk-free betting days, and deposit bonuses. But they also get to enjoy the most popular online casino apps at their best, with many of the early issues fixed. Apps unexpectedly quitting and other points of concern are mostly things of the past thanks to continuous optimization by New Jersey online casino apps.
Top New Jersey Online Casinos For December 2021
Golden Nugget Online: With a massive selection of games, including exclusive titles, Golden Nugget Online provides several options for every type of player. You’ll find a long list of progressive jackpot slots as well as several variations of blackjack, roulette, and other table games. Golden Nugget also offers many live dealer games, so it’s rare when you can’t find an open seat. All real-money bets earn Golden Points for player rewards, and ongoing promotions include big prize pool tournaments. If you could only join one online casino, Golden Nugget Online would be the best choice.
Read our Golden Nugget Casino Review >> Best for $10 no-deposit bonus + 200 Free Spins
Virgin Casino: Players have two great reasons to try Virgin Casino online: a $30 no-deposit bonus and an actual risk-free betting offer. Most of the time, a risk-free period at the casino means net losses are refunded in betting credits. But Virgin Casino refunds net losses in your first week up to $100 in cash. That means the funds are immediately available for cashout, no need to bet again. And you can try out the two Virgin Casino welcome bonuses (up to $130) by playing the large catalog of games, which is regularly updated with new titles from the best gaming studios.
Read our Virgin Casino Review >> Best for $30 no-deposit bonus with code 30BUCKS
Tropicana Online Casino: Welcome bonuses are usually worth taking advantage of, especially if you’re a slots player. And there’s no law against getting more than one. The Tropicana Online bonus code PLAY25 gets new players $25 in bonus money just for signing up. Then you can try the games risk-free for your first week up to $100 in cash, not bonus money. So this is essentially the same offer as the Virgin Casino one, and they’re both great. You can also find most of the slots at the brick-and-mortar Tropicana Atlantic City at the online version, making this ideal for visitors of the Boardwalk staple.
Read our Tropicana Online Casino Review >> Best for fans of Tropicana Atlantic City
|NJ Online Casinos||Bonus Code||Play Now|
|Golden Nugget||$10 free + 200 Free Spins + 100% deposit-match up to $1,500||PLAYBONUS|
|Virgin Casino||$30 free + loss rebate up to $100 in cash||30BUCKS|
|Tropicana Online Casino||$25 free + loss rebate up to $100 in cash||PLAY25|
|Caesars Casino||$25 Free + 100% Up To $2,000 On Deposit||FREECZR|
|BetMGM Casino||$25 free + 100% Up To $1,000 On Deposit||PLAYNJFREE|
|Unibet Casino||$10 free + 100% Up To $750 On Deposit||FREEBONUS|
|FanDuel Casino||Risk-free betting day up to $1,000 in bonus credits||USE THIS LINK|
|Borgata Casino||$20 free + 100% deposit-bonus up to $1,000||PLAYNJ|
New Jersey Casino Games
Slots: The most popular type of game at both brick-and-mortar and online casinos, slots offer players massive variety and the chance to win big payouts on small bets. Many of the slots you’ll see at online casinos you might have seen at brick-and-mortar locations, but you’ll also find online exclusives. The progressive jackpots in New Jersey can often reach six figures as well.
Blackjack: The most popular table game is blackjack, and for good reason. This game is simple to play and offers some of the best odds at the casino. Some online blackjack variations have payback rates as high as 99.60%, which is phenomenal. You can also shamelessly use a blackjack strategy card at an online casino to make sure you’re always making the best possible move.
Roulette: Roulette is a popular table game for two reasons: it’s incredibly easy to play and you can choose good odds and low payouts or bad odds and high payouts. Roulette is also one of the most thrilling casino games; players watch a ball circle the wheel in the hopes that it will land in a winning pocket. Payouts range from double or nothing (black/red, odd/even, etc.) to 35 to 1 (single-number bet).
Other Table Games: Players can also find baccarat, casino poker, and other table games at all online casinos. Tropicana Online even has craps, which is hard to find anywhere else. Golden Nugget provides quick views of each game’s payback percentage too. Generally speaking, the bigger the win potential, the lower the payback percentage.
Video Poker: One of the best parts about online video poker is the ability to find more games than you would at a casino on the Atlantic City Boardwalk. All of the online casinos have “Game King,” the standard nine-in-one game that offers Jacks or Better, the video poker with the best odds. But you can also find multi-hand video poker and other variations unique to online play.
Live Dealer Games At New Jersey Casinos
Live dealer games offer an immersive, real-life alternative to the standard digital table games at online casinos. Rather than use a random number generator (RNG) to reflect the odds, live dealer games feature actual dealers at physical tables. Players live stream the games from home and place digital chips on the tables. Live dealer games in New Jersey are even available via mobile app.
The types of New Jersey live dealer games include:
- Live Dealer Blackjack: Players take seats at tables, so there’s a limited number of spots. Good thing most online casinos in New Jersey offer several 24/7 Live Dealer Blackjack rooms.
- Live Dealer Roulette: Live Dealer Roulette lets players place $1 bets on a physical roulette wheel, which is nearly impossible to find at a brick-and-mortar casino.
- Auto Roulette: An unlimited number of players can bet on a mechanized roulette wheel that spins a ball about every minute.
- Blackjack Unlimited: An unlimited number of players can bet on the same blackjack hand, and each can hit, stay, double down, and split independently from the other.
All of the best online casinos in New Jersey offer live dealer games from either Evolution (Golden Nugget, Virgin, Tropicana, and more) or Ezugi (Caesars).
New Jersey Online Sports Betting Apps
When you have the biggest online sports betting market in the country and very friendly tax rates, you get the best online sportsbooks. The selection of New Jersey online sports betting apps includes top-tier brands like DraftKings, BetMGM, and Caesars, which offer competitive odds across dozens of professional and college sporting events. All offer lucrative sports betting bonus codes, which give bettors the opportunity to bet more for less.
Top New Jersey Online Sports Betting For December 2021
DraftKings New Jersey: DraftKings offers the top-rated sports betting app in New Jersey alongside the biggest deposit bonus. New members receive a $50 free bet on deposit, plus a 20% deposit-match bonus up to $1,000. Sure, to get the maximum amount, you’d have to deposit $5,000. But the minimum is $5, and any amount between qualifies for the offer. Betting credits are awarded for every $25 wagered, which effectively gives the bonus offer a 5x playthrough requirement. But if you’re planning on betting for the long-term at DraftKings, the promo code is well worth it.
BetMGM New Jersey: BetMGM matches DraftKings rating on the App Store, just with fewer reviews. But that’s still thousands of bettors praising the platform for its reliability and easy navigation. New members can use the BetMGM promo code PLAYBONUS to place their first bet risk-free up to $1,000. You’ll then have access to the Parlay Plus promotion that boosts parlay profits by up to 40%, plus a host of other features like live streaming and more.
Caesars Sports New Jersey: Caesars Sports gives all bettors access to the Caesars Rewards program, which includes earning bonus offers, betting credits, and other benefits related to Caesars Sportsbook betting as well as Caesars Entertainment properties across the US. That means you can earn points while betting at Caesars online as well as inside Caesars Atlantic City. Caesars Sports offers a large selection of betting markets and a host of daily odds boosters. New members can use this Caesars Sports promo code: LEGALRF. That gets you a free bet match up to $1,001, which is among the biggest risk-free bet deals in the US.
|Sports Betting Apps||Promo Codes||Play Now|
|DraftKings Sportsbook||$50 Free Bet On Deposit + 20% Up To $1,000 On Deposit||USE THIS LINK|
|BetMGM Sportsbook||Risk Free First Bet Up To $1,000||PLAYBONUS|
|Caesars Sportsbook||First Bet Match Up To $1,000||LEGALRF|
|SugarHouse Sportsbook||100% Up To $250 On Deposit||PLAY250|
|FanDuel Sportsbook||Risk Free First Bet Up To $1,000||USE THIS LINK|
|PointsBet Sportsbook||Risk Free First Bet Up To $2,000||BETBONUS|
|Unibet Sportsbook||Risk Free First Bet Up To $600||BETBONUS|
|WynnBET Sportsbook||Risk Free First Bet Up To $1,000||USE THIS LINK|
Types Of New Jersey Sportsbook Bets
The only significant New Jersey sports betting restrictions is the inability to bet on in-state college teams. Otherwise, it’s all fair game. That means New Jersey sports bettors can bet on the New Jersey Devils, New York Giants, and New York Jets, all of which play in-state. Popular New Jersey teams for betting also include the NBA’s Brooklyn Nets and MLS’s New York Red Bulls, among countless others.
But no matter which sport or team you bet on, the types of New Jersey sportsbook bets include:
- Moneyline: This is where you bet on a team to win or lose, and the points don’t matter.
- Points Spread: Points matter. The underdog team (+ points) is handicapped with points. If you bet on the favorite (- points), they have to win by the points spread. If you bet on the underdog, they have to either win the game or lose within the points spread.
- Totals: The sportsbook will guess the total points, and bettors wager on whether the final score will be over or under the sportsbook’s guess.
- Parlays: Combine multiple bets into one wager to increase the payout. However, all “legs” of a parlay have to win for a parlay wager to pay out at all. For example, if you parlayed four NFL moneyline bets and just one of the teams lose, the whole wager is lost. That’s why the payout is better.
- Futures: Wager on an event decided in the future, such as the future World Series Champion or winner of the Super Bowl.
- Prop Bets: Bet on something more specific in the game, such as total number of passing yards by a specific NFL player or which team will score first in an NBA game.
- Live Betting: This is when you place a bet on a game while it’s occurring. An in-game bet is a wager during breaks in the action while an in-play wager is betting on a game while it’s “in-play.”
New Jersey Online Poker
New Jersey online poker sites allow players to compete head-to-head in cash games, multi-table tournaments, and sit ‘n’ go tournaments. All of the best New Jersey welcome bonuses double a player’s first deposit up to $600 to $1,500 depending on the site. And all the sites also give new players free cash just for signing up, no deposit required.
While there are seven total New Jersey online poker sites, there are only four networks of players:
- All-American Poker Network: Players at WSOP.com and 888Poker are pooled together across New Jersey, Delaware, and Nevada.
- Partypoker Network: Players at BetMGM, Borgata, and partypoker are pool together.
- PokerStars: A standalone but still highly competitive player network.
- Pala Poker: A standalone and comparatively uncompetitive player network.
Plus, New Jersey online poker sites share player pools with Nevada and Delaware. If you join the All-American Poker Network (WSOP.com or 888Poker), you’re competing against players in those states as well, which means a large variety of competition and bigger tournaments.
Best New Jersey Poker Sites
The only poker site in New Jersey that doesn’t sit among the best of the best is Pala Poker, which has limited hours and a small pool of players. But the best New Jersey poker sites, which includes all the other platforms, have both casual and professional players and every type between. The daily, weekly, and monthly tournaments can net you big winnings as well. Here are the top New Jersey poker sites:
WSOP New Jersey: The World Series of Poker’s official online poker site is WSOP.com, which includes players at 888Poker New Jersey and Delaware as well as WSOP players in Nevada. New players can use our WSOP promo code to receive $10 for signing up, plus $50 free on deposit, plus a 100% deposit-bonus up to $1,000.
Click here to join WSOP with a free $10 – use code 10FREE
PokerStars New Jersey: PokerStars has such a big standalone player pool that it competes well with the All-American Poker Network. A PokerStars account also gives you access to Stars Casino and FOX Bet, two excellent online betting options in New Jersey. Use the PokerStars promo code STARS600 for your choice of bonus. You can either play one hand, get $50 free or get a 100% deposit match up to $600, your choice.
Play at PokerStars NJ with $50 free or a 100% match up to $600 – use code STARS600
BetMGM Poker New Jersey: When you join BetMGM Poker, you’re also playing against players at Borgata Poker and partypoker, so you always have someone to play against no matter your style, budget, or experience. BetMGM members also have access to BetMGM Casino and BetMGM Sportsbook, two top-tier New Jersey betting platforms. New players at BetMGM Poker can use promo code PLAYNJFREE for $25 free on signup, plus a 100% deposit match up to $1,000.
Join BetMGM Poker for $25 free + 100% match up to $1,000 – use code PLAYNJFREE
|NJ Poker Apps||Promo Codes||Play Now|
|WSOP||$10 free + $50 free on deposit + 100% bonus up to $1,000||10FREE|
|PokerStars||Play 1 Hand, Get $50 free OR 100% bonus up to $600||STARS600|
|BetMGM Poker||$25 free + 100% bonus up to $1,000||PLAYNJFREE|
|888poker||$20 free + 100% bonus up to $1,500||USE THIS LINK|
|partypoker||$25 free + 100% bonus up to $1,000||PLAYNJCASH|
|Borgata Poker||$20 free + 100% bonus up to $600||PLAYNJ|
NJ Online Gambling Law
The New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement (NJDGE) oversees NJ online casinos. To offer legal online casino play in New Jersey, a casino must, among other things:
- Hold a valid Internet Gaming Permit (issued by the NJDGE).
- Submit all games and systems for audit by the NJDGE.
- Ensure that only players located within the state of New Jersey at the time of play can access real-money games.
- Ensure that only players 21 or older can access real-money games.
- Pay a 15% tax on gross gaming revenues to the state of New Jersey.
- Pay a variety of additional taxes and fees (e.g., responsible gambling, license fee).
- Allow for complete financial auditing of all funds flowing in and out of the site.
You can view the full text of the regulations governing online gambling in New Jersey here. All NJ online gambling sites are subject to these regulations and additional oversight by the NJDGE.
NJ Gambling Sites FAQs
Yes. New Jersey led the pack as the first state to allow all types of legal online gambling. This includes online casinos, online sports betting, and online poker.
Online casinos, sports betting apps, and poker sites are legal forms of online gambling in New Jersey. Anyone 21 and up and located within state lines can participate.
You can gamble in New Jersey at online casinos, online sportsbooks, and online poker platforms as well as in-person at casinos in Atlantic City. You can also place spots bets in person at retail sportsbook locations, including those in Atlantic City and at sportsbooks in the Meadowlands.
PayPal, e-check, Play+ card, and more. You can cash out your winnings at any New Jersey gambling site using a wide range of methods. The best include PayPal, e-check, and Play+ card, which are also available for funding your betting accounts.
Yes, all the best New Jersey online casinos and sportsbooks offer iOS and Android apps. The apps can be found by searching in the App Store or Google Play, or by using the direct links on the New Jersey online gambling sites.
That depends on the state in which you are located. In New Jersey, there are so many options for legal online casinos. Any casino apps or sports betting apps that are licensed by the New Jersey Department of Gaming Enforcement are legitimate online gambling sites. Others should be avoided.
Yes, legally-licensed New Jersey gambling sites are safe. These sites provide the latest SSL encryption and other security measures to protect players. All games are verified fair and random by the NJ Division of Gaming Enforcement as well.
Offshore sites, on the other hand, are not licensed and are therefore unsafe. These sites are notorious for refusing winnings and selling user data. Avoid them and play at legally-licensed New Jersey gambling sites instead.
No, you do not need to be a New Jersey resident to bet online in the state. You must be 21 years old and physically located within state lines to place real-money bets. Those are the only requirements.