Welcome to New Jersey, BetStars.
On Sept. 13, BetStars, The Stars Group sports betting product, became the eighth online sportsbook in a rapidly growing NJ sports betting market.
Matt Primeaux, SVP Strategy & Operations, USA at The Stars Group, talked about the launch in a press release:
“We are excited to introduce BetStars to New Jersey sports fans. As one of the largest online gaming companies in the world with millions of customers worldwide, we have successfully launched BetStars in regulated markets across Europe and look forward to expanding and enhancing our New Jersey BetStars offering, including through leveraging the Sky Betting & Gaming acquisition following approval from the UK Competition and Markets Authority, to provide a premier product and experience to our customers in this new and developing market.”
At this point, BetStars NJ is available via a standalone Android app. But it can also be accessed from the PokerStars NJ app on iOS.
BetStars and the NJ sports betting market
The launch of BetStars NJ gives PokerStars a trifecta of gambling products. PokerStars looks to solidify its standing in the New Jersey online gaming market and readies itself to expand beyond the Garden State.
BetStars joins the following apps in the online sports betting market:
- DraftKings Sportsbook
- FanDuel Sportsbook
- SugarHouse sportsbook
- Caesars sportsbook
- playMGM Sports
- William Hill sportsbook
- 888 Sport
Unlike many of the other digital sportsbooks, BetStars developed its own proprietary platform instead of forming tech partnerships. BetStars offers a single account and universal wallet for gamblers and promises a “seamless online gambling experience.”
The sportsbook offers a diverse range of betting opportunities on hundreds of different events across the most popular sports.
BetStars NJ promotions
As expected, BetStars is offering some enticing promotions to lure players into the sportsbook, too.
Current NJ sports betting promotions include:
- Weekly Free Bet: Bet $25 and get a $5 free bet.
- 100/1 Super Bowl Winner: Place a $5 bet on a team to win the Super Bowl and get 100/1 boosted odds.
- Cash Out: If a “Cash Out” button appears on an active bet, the player can choose to cash out early. Cash out allows sports bettors to lock in a portion of their profit or minimize their losses.
- Spin & Bet: Tap “Spin & place bet” and win up to 10x potential net winnings.
- Super Boost Saturdays and Sundays: Place a bet on a selection of three teams. If all three win, the bettor wins.
Of course, terms and conditions apply. Check out the latest promotions and the fine print on the New Jersey BetStars Android app or website.
How to get started at BetStars
The common wallet makes it easy for existing PokerStars players to start betting on BetStars. This is especially true for iOS users.
Players with an existing PokerStars account will find a sports betting option once they log on. New players will need to create a new account and should be prepared to verify their identity.
Be sure to turn on location services on your device in order for the app to geolocate you in New Jersey. As always, you have to be in the state in order to use the app and place a bet.
Making a deposit (and withdrawal)
BetStars offers many of the major deposit options including:
However, not all of these options are available for withdrawals. For instance, Mastercard and PayNearMe are only for deposits.
Placing a bet at BetStars sportsbook
Once inside the app and after depositing funds, it is time to place a bet.
The process is very user-friendly. Even a brand-new sports bettor will find it easy to wager on their favorite teams.
Here’s the easy 1-2-3 to placing a bet on BetStars:
- Choose your sport and select the game. Select a game from a variety of sports including the big three: football, basketball and baseball.
- Choose a bet and set the amount. After selecting the game, a list of available bets will appear. Select the bet type and enter the amount on your Bet Slip to see the potential payout.
- Place the bet. Once satisfied, finalize the bet by clicking “Place Bet.” Bettors can monitor their active bets from the “Open Bets” tab.
It might be easy to place a bet, but the options can be a bit overwhelming for the new sports bettor.
But there is nothing to fear. BetStars offers a whole host of support information to help navigate the website and the app.