June 28 marks the official one-year anniversary of when these rebranded properties reopened to the public.
To be fair, Ocean is rebranded again for year two (the casino is getting top billing over the resort).
But the dual celebrations include a list of exciting events.
Eric Matejevich, Ocean’s interim-CEO shared his excitement about “celebrating this milestone:”
“The improvements and additions our team has made possible deserves the proper acknowledgement and recognition and is testament to our commitment for a successful future ahead in the Atlantic City market.”
Ocean Casino is up first
In fact, a daily countdown is taking place on Twitter:
…and it will all kick off with a ribbon cutting! 14 days until our One Year Anniversary, which will officially begin with a ribbon cutting on the casino floor at 11 AM. Details: https://t.co/DwF0Ay1ePB #1YearCountdown #TheOceanAC pic.twitter.com/MjRsYMb73N
— Ocean Casino Resort (@TheOceanAC) June 13, 2019
It coincides with the date the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement granted approval to begin gambling operations.
Fittingly, the casino floor, featuring new slot machines, will be front and center.
Here is the full schedule:
- Official Ceremony (11 a.m.): The celebration will kick off with the “official grand opening” of the latest improvements and experiences. Champagne toast and ribbon-cutting included.
- Opening of 1927 Lounge + Speakeasy (7 p.m.): Royal Jelly is no longer. This all-new, 1920s-themed lounge bar (located on the casino floor) is replacing it.
- Fireworks (9:30 p.m.): Ocean is partnering with Hard Rock AC for this “dazzling display” over the Atlantic Ocean.
- Win a Mercedes (June 29 at 11 a.m.): The cars are on the property, and they will be going home with someone. The $250,000 giveaway will take place on the casino floor.
- And we can’t forget about the $1 hot dogs that will be available inside of the William Hill Sportsbook all weekend long.
Mike Donovan, Ocean’s chief marketing officer and senior vice president, shared a teaser about the weekend-long celebration:
“We’re kicking things off on the casino floor, so guests can experience some of our new offerings and amenities, then taking the celebration to the boardwalk with fireworks, and continuing the festivities into the weekend with other exciting programming.”
Hard Rock AC has rockin’ plans, too
Of course, the big plans will include a little of both.
However, before getting into the scheduled events, Hard Rock International remains extremely pleased about how things are going in Atlantic City.
Jim Allen, chairman and CEO, elaborated via a statement:
“I could not be more proud of our talented team members for their hard work and dedication to providing world-class service during last year’s opening.
“We are very happy with the growth of the Atlantic City market and look forward to another great year.”
The June 28 festivities will kick off with a city proclamation and charity announcement. From there, the real fun begins:
- Hard Rock Anniversary Parade (4 p.m.): Hard Rock will commemorate the special day with a parade down the world-famous wooden walkway. Navy Veterans and the Atlantic City Blackjacks cheerleaders are among the confirmed participants.
- Tim McGraw (8 p.m.): The country music superstar is booked for a two-night engagement at Hard Rock Live at Etess Arena.
- Jersey Boys residency (opens June 25): The hit Broadway musical is set for a four-week run inside the smaller Sound Waves venue.
- Millionaire promo (all summer): Starting at 8 a.m. on June 28, players can earn entries playing their favorite slots and table games online (HardRockCasino.com) or on the casino floor. The guaranteed winner of $1 million will be announced Sept. 1.
- 10x free play: This anniversary-day deal will be available for all slot players from noon-8 p.m.
Add the June 20 opening of the Balcony Bar, and it’s shaping up to be a birthday party that never ends.