The Philadelphia Eagles may have stood pat at the NFL trade deadline, but they did announce a major deal.
It just doesn’t involve any players.
The franchise announced a multi-year partnership with Unibet.
The European-based brand from Kindred offers NJ online casino and sports betting via its partnership with Hard Rock Atlantic City.
And the sponsorship deal is the first casino partnership for the NFL franchise. However, league rules prohibit it from including sports wagering.
What the Eagles-Unibet deal means
In a press release, the Eagles spell out exactly what this agreement includes:
- Permanent branding presence on Lincoln Financial Field’s newly constructed Northwest Suites located on the main concourse.
- Signage will also be prominently displayed on the “Eagles Nest Tower,” the stadium’s digital billboard.
- Exposure across a number of digital and print assets including PhiladelphiaEagles.com, team publications, and social media channels.
Plus, Unibet now has a promo ad on its landing page.
Unibet’s large footprint in the Eagles market
Unibet is making it crystal clear the New Jersey and Pennsylvania markets are a huge part of their US plans.
Here is a quick recap:
- The NJ online casino app went live in June.
- The platform is integrated with the sports betting product that launched in time for NFL betting season.
- In PA, the Unibet-branded retail sportsbook opened at Mohegan Sun Pocono in late September.
- Online casino and sports betting in PA are expected to launch “in the coming weeks.”
It amounts to a very large potential customer base at the Linc. And the Eagles happen to be among the NFL’s most popular teams.
Catherine Carlson, senior vice president of revenue and strategy for the Philadelphia Eagles, explains why the deal makes sense.
“Unibet’s reputation as a global leader in the online gambling space has helped the company establish a strong, emerging footprint in the Philadelphia market,” said Carlson.
“We are proud to align ourselves with a company that is fully dedicated to innovation, the customer experience, and responsible gaming.”
Arnas Janickas of Unibet said he sees the deal as the perfect match:
“The Eagles unmatched fan engagement and relentless innovation in digital space definitely helped to make this partnership a reality.”
Unibet is becoming a team player
Inking deals with professional sports teams is quickly becoming a popular business model.
Earlier this year, Unibet signed a marketing deal with the New Jersey Devils
On the NFL side, 888 Casino extended its deal with the New York Jets in September.
And like the 888 deal, sports betting seems to be that forbidden word.
The reality, however, is Unibet customers in New Jersey have access to a shared wallet. It means once the registration and deposit process is completed, the playing field is wide open.
Play blackjack, slots or bet on the Birds.
In any case, the Eagles now have a casino partner… and its name is Unibet.