The College Football Playoff National Championship game is tonight in New Orleans. Kickoff is at 8 p.m. EST on ESPN.
The culmination of college football betting season comes down to the No. 1 LSU Tigers versus the No. 3 Clemson Tigers.
FanDuel Sportsbook has LSU as a 5.5-point favorite. Here is the wagering breakdown as of Friday:
- 82% of bets and 83% of the money for LSU is on the spread.
- 68% of bets and 50% of the money for Clemson is on the moneyline.
- 59% of bets and 50% of the money is on the over.
Of course, NJ sports betting customers have options beyond the traditional point spreads, moneylines and total points.
Current college football playoff odds
Earn a free bet from DraftKings
Looking to place a live wager during the national championship game?
DraftKings Sportsbook has the added incentive in the form of a free bet. Here is how the championship live bet bonus works:
- Opt-in and place a live in-game single bet of $10 or more.
- A qualifying wager must have odds of -200 or greater.
- Once it is placed, the customer will be issued a $5 free bet.
FanDuel offering touchdown promo
There is no doubt that touchdowns will play a major factor. LSU is averaging 48.9 points per game. Clemson is scoring 45.3 a contest. The over/under is 67.5.
It makes perfect sense that FanDuel would build a promo around scoring with its college football touchdown bonus.
Here’s how it works:
- Place a pregame wager against the spread of $25 or more.
- If the bet wins, earn $5 in site credit for every touchdown scored by the selected team.
- The max payout is $25.
But it’s not the only wager in which touchdowns will come into play. Total points (67.5) are a major factor with the two odds boosts:
- LSU to win and 70-plus total points score (now paying +270).
- Clemson to win and 70-plus total points scored (now paying +580).
Tiger Woods and the Tigers
It seems only fitting when the Tigers are playing the Tigers, somehow, someway that Tigers Woods enters the equation. Of course, he is not playing today.
DraftKings has posted six odds boosts, two of which fall under the Tiger and Tiger category. Let’s call it very early Masters’ betting (the tournament takes place April 9-12):
- Clemson Tigers to win and Woods to win the Masters (now paying +3300).
- LSU Tigers to win and Woods to win the Masters (now paying +1600).
Those who don’t like Tiger’s chances can stick with the Tigers:
- First offensive play to be a pass attempt (now paying +105).
- Clemson to score first, total game points over 69.5, and Clemson to win (now paying +760).
- LSU to score first, total game points over 69.5, and LSU to win (now paying +365).
- Trevor Lawrence and Joe Burrow to record over 6.5 combined passing touchdowns (now paying +140).
So, either way, the Tigers are a safe bet tonight.