DraftKings Sportsbook is giving away $54,000 in guaranteed cash prizes. Here is the best part: It’s free to play.
To start, you simply need to pick one square. Making the selection with your eyes closed is optional. Then sit back and watch the Kansas City Chiefs play the San Francisco 49ers on Feb. 2.
This is the second year for the contest. It is available across the United States.
Big Game Square rules for Super Bowl 2020
This contest is played exactly like the one that floats around the office or at the neighborhood party.
The numbers representing the Chiefs will appear across the top of the board while the ones belonging to the 49ers will be posted down the left-hand column.
Don’t expect to learn your number combination until around kickoff time (6:30 p.m.).
Here are the basics:
- Once you click on a square, that one is yours for all four quarters (and potentially overtime).
- Your selection cannot be changed.
- DraftKings Sportsbook will post the randomly assigned numbers on the designated rows and columns when the game begins.
- DraftKings will award prizes at the end of each quarter.
- All entrants with the winning square (the last digit of each teams’ score needs to be a match) will earn a share of the prize pool for that quarter.
Breaking down the prize pool
You have four chances to earn a share of the cash prizes:
- First quarter
- Third quarter
- End of regulation
Those with the winning numbers will get a share of these prizes:
- First quarter: $8,100
- Halftime: $16,200
- Third quarter: $8,100
- End of regulation: $21,600
Winnings will be paid as cash into your DraftKings account.
So, what square are you picking?