Please help keep the line moving. Have the betting number(s) ready when you get to the counter.
Check out which Big Game Props currently are the most popularly bet at our 100+ William Hill Sports Books across America by total number of tickets and total dollars wagered.
— William Hill US (@WilliamHillUS) January 28, 2020
Super Bowl betting trends
Besides the app and the Trop, William Hill operates the NJ sportsbooks at Monmouth Park and Ocean Casino Resort.
When you factor in legal betting states Nevada, Iowa, Indiana and West Virginia on Feb. 2, it is going to be an extremely active day.
So, where is the money going?
William Hill sent out a press release earlier this week that provides an early breakdown of the national figures.
Point spread (Chiefs +1)
- 58% of total tickets on the Chiefs.
- 68% of the total money wagered on the Chiefs.
- 77% of the total number of tickets on the 49ers.
- 77% of the total money wagered on the 49ers.
Total points (55)
- 84% of the total number of tickets on the over.
- 86% of the total money wagered on the over.
49ers and Chiefs futures tracker
The 49ers are the NFC’s No. 1 seed. The Chiefs finished the regular season as the AFC’s No. 2 team.
The Niners are an even bet to win the Super Bowl. If we go back to Jan. 21, 2019, the Niners opened at 30-1. The odds shifted to 40-1 in mid-August.
The Chiefs head into Sunday’s game at -120. The line opened at 7-1 and jumped to 15-1 in late October.
And, on Sunday, it all comes down to the final score.
William Hill + popular big game props
A significant amount of money is bet on props.
William Hill is tracking the most popular props based on total dollars and number of tickets.
The five most popular wagers by total dollars:
- Alternate game total: Over 40.5 (-600)
- Will there be a safety in the game? No
- Point spread proposition: 49ers +10.5 (-350)
- Will the game go to overtime? No
- Rushing yards by Patrick Mahomes: Over 30.5 (-110)
Five most popular by total tickets:
- To win the pro football championship 54 MVP: Nick Bosa
- Rushing yards: Mahomes over 30.5
- Will the game go to overtime? Yes
- Will an interception be returned for a touchdown? Yes
- Result of the opening coin toss: Heads