Tourism experts say spring is perhaps the best time to visit Atlantic City casinos.
April and May days are longer and the weather has turned into more of an ocean breeze than a winter wind.
You don’t have to look at TripAdvisor or AAA to know spring in Atlantic City is a good bet. It’s just obvious this is a special time to visit the resort as it re-awakens from winter with more to see and do.
There are fewer crowds, which means more chances to step onto the beach and the famous Atlantic City Boardwalk. The notable Steel Pier opens April 16 with rides and arcades.
Atlantic City casinos today provide many non-gambling options for guests to generate revenue than in the past. The market’s highest-performing properties are more than just gambling halls — they are full-fledged resorts.
If you are on the fence or still considering whether to visit Atlantic City before Memorial Day weekend, we’ve compiled a list of some reasons below to schedule an Atlantic City visit before May 31.
Visiting Atlantic City This Spring
Atlantic City casinos offer some great springtime promotions:
- Ocean Casino offers a chance to be one of four $1,000 winners who get called every 30 minutes during Free Play Sweepstakes every Thursday from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. in April.
- In celebration of Bally’s Atlantic City Casino Resort Grand Opening, they are giving away a Jeep Grand Cherokee or Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Visitors can earn entries daily until May 28 and 10x entries every Thursday and Sunday through May 28. Grand Prize drawings are at 10 p.m. on May 27 and May 28.
- Rooftop fire pits opened April 1 around the H2O Pool at Golden Nugget Atlantic City. The pool is open 11:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Friday through Sunday (weather permitting).
Although a nice breeze blows through the seaside town in the summer, the days can get humid. Spring sees milder weather on the Atlantic City Boardwalk.
If you’re more interested in the casinos, you’ll find this time of year is worth the trip. Many offer discounts and other perks year-round to attract new guests and repeat visitors.
Celebrating upcoming holidays
Atlantic City casinos plan special events around weekends and spring holidays. With Mother’s Day, Memorial Day weekend, and Father’s Day approaching, it is a good time to look at the deals.
Not everything costs a dollar, either. There’s plenty to do on the beach and boardwalk. Some tips for free things to do:
Spring is a good time to add to that shell collection or break out the metal detector on the early morning beach.
The boardwalk and beach also offer excellent free exercise opportunities during the spring.
It is a great time to rent a bike after dawn or take a jog on the seven-mile boardwalk before bed without having to navigate crowds.
There is a terrific opportunity for amateur photographers to get morning sunrise and evening sunset quality pictures of the landscape, beach, and waves rolling in with more nature than people.
Atlantic City Summer 2022
There is more to come after June. Here is a list of what to look forward to during Atlantic City Summer 2022:
- Hell’s Kitchen restaurant, for Gordon Ramsay fans, comes to Caesars Atlantic City for the summer of 2022, the first East Coast location for the restaurant. It joins Gordon Ramsay Steak at Harrah’s Resort and Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill at Caesars. According to a press release, the menu items will be locally sourced.
- Serendipity3 at Ocean Casino Resort debuts the addition of the legendary New York City restaurant, Serendipity3. Coming Spring 2022, Serendipity3, home of the world famous Frozen Hot Chocolate, will offer a one-of-a-kind dining experience transporting Ocean’s guests into a fantasy world filled with great food and dream-sized desserts. The 8,000-square-foot restaurant and adjacent ice cream parlor will feature a whimsical interior with a modern twist and a nod to Serendipity3’s iconic history.
Additional AC entertainment this summer
- The Yard at Bally’s Atlantic City announced the new 2022 indoor/outdoor courtyard entertainment complex. The Yard is expected to debut in early Summer 2022 and is inspired by Philadelphia and New York-style beer halls, Bally’s executives said. Plans for The Yard include over 10,000 square feet, with more than 5,000 square feet of new construction.
- Nobu Hospitality, the Japanese-themed lifestyle brand co-founded by Robert De Niro, is bringing its luxury hotel and restaurant chain to Caesars Atlantic City in the summer. Nobu Hotel Atlantic City will open within the casino in 2022 as part of a $400 million investment Caesars is pumping into the New Jersey The investment includes the remodeling of luxury hotel room towers and suites, a new interior design, and enhancements to the casino floor. Its broader goal is to help revitalize the Atlantic City Boardwalk, according to Caesars Entertainment.
- Bally’s Casino Hotel went for a new spin this spring with the Carousel Bar, part of a $100 million renovation plan. Construction on the elevated 24-seat rotating bar, reminiscent of a carousel, began this year. When finished, the bar makes a full revolution every 15 to 20 minutes.
There is plenty to do in Atlantic City before summer. If you are making plans to enjoy Spring 2022 in Atlantic City, remember one thing: time is fleeting.
The first day of summer is June 21 at 5:14 a.m.
AP Photo/Wayne Parry