On Saturday night, ESPN will feature a fascinating fight between a veteran and a fast-comer in the lightweight division in UFC Fight Night. The event will be held at UFC Apex facility in Enterprise, Nevada, with former UFC Lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos squaring off with Rafael Fiziev. Both fighters are ranked in the top 10 in their weight class.
To make the event even more interesting, BetMGM NJ Sportsbook has a great sports betting offer. Get a risk-free bet to place on one of the UFC Fight Night bouts.
Betting odds at BetMGM Sportsbook have Fiziev favored at -250, and the underdog dos Anjos at a price of +190, for the fight that will headline a night of UFC action.
How to Claim BetMGM NJ Sportsbook Bonus Code PLAYBONUS
BetMGM Sportsbook has brought back its popular $1,000 Risk-Free Bet promo for UFC Fight Night. The offer is good for new users of the popular sports betting app, available in New Jersey and most states that offer legal sports betting.
- Sign up here, and use BetMGM NJ Bonus Code PLAYBONUS
- Your first bet will be risk-free! If your bet wins you collect your winnings. If it loses, you get up to $1,000 of your wager back in the form of free bet credits to use in your new BetMGM account.
Tale of the Tape: dos Anjos vs. Fiziev
|Rafael dos Anjos||Rafael Fiziev|
|155 lbs||WEIGHT||155 lbs|
|70 inches||REACH||71.5 inches|
Fight Notes: dos Anjos vs. Fiziev
Rafael dos Anjos is ranked No. 7 by the UFC and has a long history of success in the lightweight division of MMA. The Brazilian southpaw (31-13) started his professional career in 2004, and he’s also fought at the welterweight level. He’s a former lightweight champion in UFC, and in 2003 he was crowned World Jiu-Jitsu Champion. He’s also captured two bronze medals in Brazilian National Jiu-Jitsu Championships.
No. 10-ranked Rafael Fiziev hails from Kazakhstan, and he’s making his 13th trip into the octagon. He has an 11-1 MMA record, and he’s won his last five fights following an embarrassingly quick defeat in his first UFC fight. His specialty is Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, but Fiziev also has skills in Muay Thai, traditional boxing, wrestling, as well as combat sambo. The matchup between the two Rafael’s should be a clash of styles, with the veteran dos Anjos a more patient attacker relying on his feet and guile.
Undercard Fights, UFC Fight Night on ESPN
Want an upset special? How about 36-year-old Florida native Nina Nunes (+125) turning her fortune around to end a two-fight losing streak against another old-timer in 34-year-old Cynthia Calvillo, who has lost three in a row, in their flyweight match?
- Caio Borralho (-225) vs. Armen Petrosyan (+190)
- Said Nurmagomedov (-350) vs. Douglas Silva (+275)
- Jared Vanderaa (-200) vs. Chase Sherman (+170)
- Jamie Mullarkey (-250) vs. Michael Johnson (+190)
- Cynthia Calvillo (-150) vs. Nina Nunes (+125)
- Ricky Turcios (-225) vs. Aiemann Zahabi (+170)
- Antonina Shevchenko (-175) vs. Cortney Casey (+145)
- Tresean Gore (-150) vs. Cody Brundage (+125)
- Kennedy Nzechukwu (-140) vs. Karl Roberson (+115)
- Ronnie Lawrence (-140) vs. Saidyokub Kakhramono (+115)
AP Photo/Jim Young