PlayStar Casino is live in New Jersey. Today, NJGamblingSites.com visited the new NJ online casino and found 144 games active on the app.
The PlayStar Casino NJ app is on the Ocean Casino Resort license, along with these three:
The new NJ online casino launched so quietly, its arrival is mainly visible in New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement (DGE) documents.
DGE records show that between Aug. 1 and 15, PlayStar soft launched, then fully launched its app.
Today in its gaming tabs, PlayStar Casino offered:
- Table Games
- Slot Games
- Slingo Games
- Card Games
- Live Casino
At the moment, its top five “recommended” games are, in order:
- 88 Fortunes
- Blackjack Live
- Slingo Lucky Larry’s Lobstermania
- Roulette Live
PlayStar’s Path to Becoming a New NJ Online Casino
Stockholm-based PlayStar announced its partnership with Ocean more than a year ago. PlayStar’s site proclaimed that it would revolutionize New Jersey online casino with personalization, engagement, and customer experience.
In the meantime, the online casino operator bulked up with partnerships:
- London-based gaming content provider International Game Technology (IGT)
- Malta-headquartered live dealer and game provider Evolution
- Malta-based Aspire Global’s Pariplay, a customer relationship management software and game content provider
- London-headquartered online casino software and services provider AlchemyBet Limited
- Las Vegas-based gambling product and service provider Light and Wonder
While PlayStar didn’t promote itself much, its partners did put out press releases.
The most recent publicity came from Evolution’s announcement on May 16:
PlayStar customers will be able to enjoy an extensive range of Evolution online Live Casino games and ‘First Person’ casino games on desktop, tablet and smartphone. The live dealer games, streamed in real time from Evolution’s established Live Casino production studio in Atlantic City, will include all the casino classics: Roulette, Blackjack, Baccarat and numerous Poker variants.
However, PlayStar did quote Adam Noble, co-founder and chief business development officer at PlayStar, in a LinkedIn post a couple of months ago:
Signing a deal with Light & Wonder is a real landmark moment for us. It’s hugely important that we launch in New Jersey with the very best selection of games available to players. I believe having Light & Wonder’s expansive portfolio of games live on Day One will keep our customers entertained and ensure that PlayStar is off to the best possible start.
PlayStar Quietly Entering PA, Too
PlayStar Casino may have its Pennsylvania launch after the one in New Jersey.
Its site there said today:
• We’re currently open for a pre-launch sneak peek
• Come on in and take a look around
• Sign up for an account and try out some games
• Look out for fantastic casino offers heading your way
NJGamblingSites.com will be looking out for that launch, as well as any new developments with this new NJ online casino.