NJSCOOP, at a glance
PokerStars has been in the New Jersey online poker market for a little over a year a now. When it first launched last spring, it announced its presence with $1 million for the first-ever NJSCOOP. (PokerStars holds a larger version of SCOOP for its platform in the rest of the world.)
This time around, PokerStars is upping the ante with another $200,000 in guaranteed prize pools, bringing the minimum amount players will win to over $1.2 million. That easily makes it the richest online poker tournament series ever held in the state, beating out anything put on by WSOP / 888 and Borgata / PartyPoker.
The series will run from May 6-22, with buy-ins for players of every level.
The series concludes with two main events:
- $500 No Limit Hold’em Main Event with a guaranteed prize pool of $200,000
- $50 Main Event with a $30,000 guarantee.
Inside NJSCOOP 2017
The full NJSCOOP schedule consists of 70 different tournaments, with 35 events at both “high” and “low” buy-in levels that cater to serious and recreational players.
Included in the schedule are 15 events that guarantee $20,000 or more, making the two-week series a good time to carve out some time to hit the virtual felt if you are an online poker player.
There are three events in particular that are even larger, outside of the two main events:
- Sunday, May 7: $300 buy-in, $85,000 guaranteed
- Sunday, May 14: $350 buy-in, $65,000 guaranteed
- Tuesday, May 16: $1,000 buy-in, $85,000 guaranteed
Getting into the main event
PokerStars NJ is running a number of promotions to give people a chance to win their way into the main event.
- There are special Spin & Go tourneys awarding main event (high) seats for just $4.
- The Main Event Freeroll Challenge lets players get in for free.
- An $8,000 giveaway of tickets to satellites for the main events.
Satellites are running for all events in the series for as low as $.50.