Update: Indoor dining returned to Atlantic City casinos on Sept. 4. View indoor dining options here.
Atlantic City casinos are reopening today but without indoor dining.
However, that doesn’t mean the casinos lack eating or drinking options. In fact, most have outdoor dining available. Restaurants also provide takeout options in some cases.
If you’re heading to the Jersey Shore this weekend and plan to visit one of the eight Atlantic City casinos that are reopening, here’s a primer on the dining options available.
And if you’re curious about parking, we note a few details there, too.
Borgata, of course, will remain closed until further notice. Caesars, Bally’s and Harrah’s plan to reopen July 3.
Keep in mind that it is prohibited to eat, drink or smoke inside AC casinos when they reopen, per the guidelines released by the state earlier this week. There are only a few exceptions on that front.
Masks are required indoors, and social distancing measures will be enforced.
To that end, here’s what we know about dining options and gambling updates from AC casinos reopening this week.
Caesars, Bally’s and Harrah’s
The three Caesars properties are waiting a day before opening to the public again.
The three casino hotels do have options for dining, of course, once they reopen. Take a look:
- Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill (takeout)
- Morton’s The Steakhouse (takeout)
- Nero’s Starlight Dining (takeout, outdoor dining, pool deck)
- Tazza (takeout)
- Beachside Bar (outdoor dining)
- Dunkin Donuts (takeout)
- Guy’s Bar-B-Que Joint (outdoor dining)
- Guy’s Rooftop Chop (outdoor deck dining)
- Harry’s Oyster Bar (outdoor dining)
- Johnny Rockets (outdoor dining)
- Sac O’ Subs (takeout)
- Walt’s Primo Pizza (takeout)
- Bally’s Beach Bar (outdoor dining)
- Boardwalk Saloon (takeout)
Harrah’s Resort AC
- AC Burger Co. On the Baywalk (outdoor bar)
- Cafe Tazza (takeout)
- Coastal Craft Kitchen & Bar (outdoor dining, pool deck)
- Gordon Ramsay Steak Under The Stars (al fresco dining located at the Outdoor Pool Bar)
- Martorano’s (takeout)
- Pin-Up Pizza (takeout)
- Starbucks (takeout)
Golden Nugget Atlantic City
Golden Nugget plans to reopen at 6:01 a.m.
Slots will operate 24 hours a day, and table games will close from 4 a.m. to noon daily. The poker room at Golden Nugget will be closed.
The Deck will be open for breakfast, lunch and dinner starting Friday, July 3. The Deck will also be available for to-go orders. Its hours of operation are as follows:
- Breakfast: 8 a.m. to noon (Sun-Thurs)
- Lunch/Dinner: Noon to 8 p.m. (Sun-Thurs), noon to 10 p.m. (Fri-Sat)
The casino notes that, depending on demand and capacity limitations, it may implement Open Table to allow guests to make reservations. And of course, all dining is outdoors.
Coffee will be made available for sale at The Deck, too.
Here are a few other reopening details:
- Room service will be available for hotel guests from noon to midnight daily with a modified menu.
- Essentials will be open 24 hours and will offer packaged liquor and to-go food items for guests to take to their room or off property.
- The Pool and H20 will be open for registered hotel guests daily from 11:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Food and beverages will be available outdoors.
- 24 Karat will be open Thursday, 12 to 8 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 1 to 11 p.m.; and Sunday and Monday, 12 to 8 p.m. The Casino Cage will handle all 24 Karat transactions when 24 Karat is closed.
- Valet parking will not be available at this time. Valet may be used for drop-off and pickup only. But there is still free self-parking for all guests.
Hard Rock Atlantic City
Like Golden Nugget, Hard Rock AC will reopen at 6 a.m.
Outdoor dining will be available at the following Hard Rock locations:
- Hard Rock Beach Bar
- Hard Rock Cafe
- Sugar Factory
There are several takeout options, too. The restaurants that will be open for takeout include:
- Hard Rock Cafe
- YOUYU Noodle Bar
- Sugar Factory
- Flavor Tour’s six concepts
For hotel guests, room service will be available. And effective Monday, July 6, the brand-new restaurant Fish & Co. and the Balcony Bar will be available exclusively to hotel guests.
As far as parking goes, Wild Card Rewards members receive complimentary self-parking seven days a week. And that won’t change.
Valet and self-parking are still available as well. Valet attendants, however, will be wearing PPE, and enhanced sanitation measures will be in full effect.
As a side note, the casino will be celebrating its second anniversary with a giveaway that includes two grand prizes of a two-night stay (valid Sunday-Thursday), $200 dining credit and $200 in free play.
Additional prizes include:
- Second-Place Prizes (five winners): One-night stay valid Sunday–Thursday, $100 dining credit, $100 in free play.
- Third-Place Prizes (25 winners): An overnight stay valid Sunday–Thursday.
- Fourth-Place Prizes (50 winners): $50 in free play.
To participate, visit the Hard Rock Atlantic City website.
Ocean Casino Resort will reopen at 8 a.m.
Some, but not all, amenities and dining options will be accessible when the AC casino reopens.
First off, the food and beer trucks will be available for reopening weekend. This includes Bites + Brews and a few local favorites. The food trucks will be setting up shop at the Boardwalk entrance from noon to 9 p.m.
Takeout dining will be offered at the following Ocean Casino restaurants:
- Board Wok
- District Grill
- Cafe 500
- Frose Coffee Bar
- Lobby Brew
- Pit Boss
- Rocco’s Italian Kitchen
- Seaside Deli
- Simply Salads
- The Grind
- Zhen Bang
Outdoor bar areas located in the O2 area adjacent to the Hotel Lobby, Sky Garden, pool areas and Boardwalk Brow are also open.
Three pools on the property are set to reopen, including Eclipse Pool and Poseidon. The Boardwalk Pool’s reopening is on hold for the time being, but is billed as “coming soon.”
Exhale Spa will be open daily from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. However, the saunas, steam, rooms, Jacuzzis and pool are temporarily closed. Bangz Salon + Blow Dry Lounge will reopen on July 16.
Tropicana Atlantic City plans to reopen its doors at 8 a.m.
When it does reopen, Tropicana’s dining options will be a bit more extensive because there are more outdoor seating areas. The Quarter retail center is nearby as well.
The following restaurants will be open for outdoor dining and/or to-go options. In-room dining is available Wednesdays through Sundays.
- Corner Market
- Chickie’s & Pete’s Crabhouse & Sportsbar
- Casa Taco
- Cuba Libre
- Green Bar
- La Petite Crêperie
- Mrs. Fields
- Premium Ice Cream Parlor
- P.F. Chang’s
- The Palm
- Tony Luke’s
- Starbucks Marketplace
- Starbucks The Quarter
Stores within Tropicana and The Quarter that are opening with 25% capacity include:
- Blue Mercury
- America, Marshall Rousso
- Erwin Pearl
- Hat Emporium
- Luxe Salon
- Swarovski – Monday
- Time After Time
- White House/Black Market
Resorts Casino Atlantic City
Resorts, too, will reopen at 8 a.m. The city’s oldest casino has been counting down the days via its Twitter account:
Resorts will offer multiple outdoor dining options (hours of operation are subject to change):
- Landshark Bar & Grill
- Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville
- Wet Willie’s
Takeout options include:
- Gallagher’s Steak House
- Landshark Bar & Grill
- Soup Man
- Dunkin Doughnuts
- Famiglia Pizza
- Ruby Dinette
- Wet Willie’s