Jackpocket lets you play the New Jersey Lottery right from your Android or Apple mobile device, without having to make the journey to an authorized NJ Lottery retailer in person.
Since 2019, New Jersey residents have had the option to use the Jackpocket app:
- Buy in-state lottery tickets.
- Track drawings.
- Join player pools.
- Get notified of winning tickets.
- Have a chance to receive prizes automatically.
Jackpocket is a third-party app that lets you play popular state lottery games right from your mobile device. In New Jersey, Jackpocket supports Mega Millions, Powerball and Cash4Life, as well as the Garden State’s Pick-6 game.
New Jersey lottery players can choose to take advantage of Jackpocket’s public lottery pools made up of thousands of Jackpocket players across the state. However, if you prefer, you can start your own pool and invite your friends, co-workers, family and neighbors.
Jackpocket isn’t currently available in all states. At this point, most state lotteries don’t allow third-party providers. But in addition to New Jersey, Jackpocket is currently available in New Hampshire, Minnesota, Texas, Colorado, Oregon, Arkansas, New York, Ohio and Washington DC.
Jackpocket promo codes are not required, simply sign up using the links on this page and you will receive $3 off your first use of the platform.
Read on for detailed information on Jackpocket NJ, including reasons to use Jackpocket, how to sign up, banking methods and mobile options.
Reasons to choose Jackpocket in New Jersey
- Winner Notifications: Up to $2 billion in lottery prizes go unclaimed each year, sometimes because prize winners forget to check the winning numbers. Jackpocket sends you an alert if your ticket is a winner, so you never miss out on your prizes.
- Your Ticket is Safe: Anyone can claim your prize if you misplace or lose your actual ticket. Jackpocket stores your physical ticket in a secure, fireproof vault and is directly associated with your account. That means you are the only person who can claim your winnings on a ticket purchased through Jackpocket.
- Convenience: With Jackpocket, you don’t have to visit a land-based retailer to buy your lottery tickets. The Jackpocket app for iPhone and Android mobile devices makes it easy to buy a lottery ticket.
- Automatic Deposits: Jackpocket will deposit your winnings under $600 directly into your account. You can choose to withdraw it or use it to purchase more lottery tickets.
- Reputable Business: Jackpocket has been in business since 2013 and has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, as well as certification from Gaming Labs International and the National Council on Problem Gambling.
- Low Cost: Jackpocket charges only a small service fee on deposits, so 100% of your winnings go to you.
- Autoplay Feature: Set the Jackpocket app to automatically purchase tickets using your favorite numbers, or choose the “Quick Pick” feature to use the random number generator. This way, you’ll never miss a drawing.
- Join Lottery Pools or Make Your Own Pool: Increase your chances of winning as well as the jackpot amount you win.
- Check Results in Real-Time: You can also use Jackpocket to locate lottery retailers across your state.
Jackpocket NJ promo code – September 2022
|Online Lottery||Jackpocket NJ Lottery App|
|Jackpocket Promo Code||Click to claim promo|
|Bonus Offer||$3 off first lottery order|
|Last Verified||September 2022|
Jackpocket lottery app overview
Jackpocket is not an iLottery. Jackpocket isn’t affiliated with the official New Jersey Lottery or any equivalent of an online state lottery like Pennsylvania’s PA iLottery or the online Oregon Lottery.
New Jersey law does not allow the state-run lottery to sell tickets online, but a law that passed in 2016 — The Lottery Courier Act — allows approved third-party businesses to buy your tickets for you.
Lottery customers who are 18 years or older can use Jackpocket on their mobile devices to buy real NJ Lottery tickets from anywhere within New Jersey state lines.
Because real lottery tickets are often lost, misplaced or even forgotten, close to $2 billion in winnings go unclaimed each year. So, using Jackpocket is a safer way to purchase lottery tickets than buying them from a lottery retailer. Jackpocket purchases your physical ticket for you, scans it into your Jackpocket account, and holds the ticket securely.
After all, anyone can cash a lottery ticket in; it doesn’t matter who purchased it. But when you use the Jackpocket app, every ticket you are buying is solely associated with your account, which means you are the only person who can claim your prize.
You also don’t even have to check to see whether your ticket won because Jackpocket alerts you when your ticket is a winner.
Furthermore, Jackpocket doesn’t slam you with hidden costs.
You won’t see markup fees on purchased tickets or account maintenance fees. Jackpocket won’t shave off a percentage of your winnings, either. The only cost to you is a relatively small service fee when you deposit into your account.
Jackpocket makes the service fee easy to see. It’s listed at the top of the deposit screen in large, bold type for you to review before completing your deposit.
The service fees vary depending on your location and the payment method used.
At this time, you can’t buy all types of New Jersey Lottery tickets with Jackpocket. Currently, you can only use Jackpocket to play the following games:
- Powerball: Powerball pays the world’s largest jackpots, as some payoffs have been more than $1.5 billion. To play, choose five numbers from one to 69, along with a single Powerball number from one to 26. Drawings take place Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- Mega Millions: The world’s second-largest lottery also has paid off jackpots more than $1.5 billion. To play, choose five numbers from one to 70, along with one Mega Ball number from one to 25. Drawings take place Tuesdays and Fridays.
- Cash4Life: To play, pick five numbers from one to 60, along with one Cash Ball number from one to four, for a chance to win anywhere from $2 to $1,000 every day for life.
- Pick-6: To play, pick six numbers from one to 49 for the chance to win anywhere from $2 to the jackpot, which can be millions of dollars. Drawings take place Mondays and Thursdays.
How to sign up for Jackpocket in NJ
Registering for Jackpocket is straightforward and easy. Use our links to visit Jackpocket to download the free app for Android or Apple iOS devices. Follow the prompts to register your personalized account.
Keep in mind that you must be 18 years or older and physically located in the Garden State to use Jackpocket New Jersey.
Download the Jackpocket app
To download the app for either iOS or Android, simply go to the Jackpocket website on your device and follow the links for your device. Apple users can simply download the app. Android phones may require you to grant permission for the download, just follow your phone’s instructions.
How Jackpocket lottery works in NJ
For a little app, Jackpocket accomplishes a lot. A Jackpocket representative visits authorized lottery retailers and buys actual lottery tickets for you, so you don’t have to.
Then Jackpocket assigns your tickets directly to you through your Jackpocket account, stores the tickets securely, keeps track of and notifies you of prizes, and even deposits winnings less than $600 straight into your account.
Getting started is easy.
Just download the app, open an account, make a deposit and choose your numbers.
Or you can use Jackpocket’s random number generator for “Quick Picks,” join an established pool or form your own pool.
Jackpocket charges a small service fee when you make a deposit into your account. The fee varies a little depending on your location and the payment method you use. The charge is easy to see before you go through with your deposit.
After you purchase a ticket, a Jackpocket employee buys a physical lottery ticket from an authorized New Jersey Lottery retailer for you, scans both sides of the ticket and uploads the images to your account so you can see your ticket on your mobile device.
Jackpocket stores your physical ticket securely in a fireproof vault and notifies you when your ticket is a winner. Jackpocket even deposits winnings under $600 directly into your account.
You can use Jackpocket’s autoplay feature to automatically play games using “Quick Pick” or numbers of your own choosing, so you never miss a drawing.
Jackpocket distributes your prize earnings in one of three different ways, which depends on the amount won:
- Less Than $600: Winnings are deposited directly into your account where you can either withdraw the funds or use them to play future lottery games.
- $601 to $5,000: The actual winning ticket is mailed to you at your address so you can redeem it in person according to state law.
- More than $5,000: You pick up your actual winning ticket in person at a Jackpocket location to verify your identity. Once your winning ticket is in hand, you follow the NJ Lottery procedure to receive your prize.
Create or join a pool
Jackpocket has been offering public lottery pools since August 2018. Jackpocket combines pool players from five different states and Washington DC, to enhance players’ chances of winning Powerball or Mega Millions jackpots.
Alternatively, you can form your own pools with co-workers, friends and family.
Jackpocket online banking and support
To make a deposit into your Jackpocket account, tap on “Add Funds” from the Jackpocket main “Play” screen and follow the prompts.
Jackpocket accepts the following banking options:
- PayPal: Make deposits directly from PayPal accounts that are linked to a bank account.
- Bank Account: Directly link your bank account. If your bank is on the Jackpocket’s menu, use your bank login to connect your account directly.
- E-Check: If your bank is not on Jackpocket’s list, you can use an e-check as an alternative. Use your routing and account numbers to fund your Jackpocket account from your bank account instantly. Jackpocket will need to go through a one-time verification process with a few small deposits before you can transfer funds.
- Debit Card: Residents of New Jersey, Minnesota, New Hampshire, Texas and Washington, DC, can use Mastercard or Visa debit cards to fund Jackpocket accounts.
- Credit Card: New Jersey residents can use Discover and Visa credit cards to fund Jackpocket accounts, while New Hampshire residents can use Mastercard credit cards.
You can also use Jackpocket’s convenient “Auto Fund” feature to automatically top off funds when your balance drops below an amount you specify.
Jackpocket withdrawal options
To make a withdrawal, choose the “Payout” option in the app. Jackpocket will transfer the funds directly to your bank account.
Even though Jackpocket is a simple and easy-to-use app, everybody can use a little extra help sometimes. Jackpocket offers plenty of ways to find answers to your questions.
Although Jackpocket doesn’t offer phone or live chat support, the app’s FAQ section is thorough and intuitive to use. Alternatively, if you can’t find an answer to your question in the FAQ, you can email [email protected].
Tap “Play Responsibly” in the Jackpocket app’s side menu to learn more about the following tools:
- Player Limits: Jackpocket sets daily spending and funding limits for everyone, but if those aren’t stringent enough for you, you can set your own stricter limits here.
- Self-Exclusion: Jackpocket lets you ban yourself from using the app for the length of time specified by you. The autoplay feature is disabled during that period.
- Support: Jackpocket provides direct access to the National Council on Problem Gambling hotline.
Jackpocket NJ has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and is an associate member of the North American Association of State and Provincial Lotteries (NASPL).
Jackpocket is also one of only five companies across the United States to receive responsible gaming certification from the National Council on Problem Gambling (NCPG).
Jackpocket’s compliance technology and policies are certified by both Gaming Labs International and the National Council on Problem Gambling.
Jackpocket NJ summary and background
Simply put: Jackpocket is an easy-to-use app that simplifies the state-run lottery for you.
It is no longer necessary for you to make a trek to authorized lottery retailers and then stand in line and wait to buy your own lottery tickets.
With the Jackpocket app, you don’t have to keep track of your physical ticket, compare your ticket with the winning numbers and worry about cashing in your ticket. Jackpocket does all of that for you, as well as much more.
The Jackpocket NJ website is technologically responsive, which translates to easy viewing on your mobile device, whether you use an Android or Apple smartphone or tablet.
Regardless of your screen size, the Jackpocket NJ website – along with all its features – can be traversed smoothly on your mobile device.
If you are lucky enough to live in a state that offers Jackpocket, as residents of the Garden State are, the app enhances the entire lottery experience.
Jackpocket players have won $5 million through 2019, with over $3 million in 2019 alone.
As seems always to be the case, New Jersey is a trailblazer and trendsetter when it comes to online gambling in the US.
New Jersey Gambling Background
New Jersey has been at the forefront of legalized gambling since the first Garden State casino opened on the Atlantic City Boardwalk in 1978. The state has allowed online casino and poker games since 2013.
An 81% majority of voters in the Garden State approved a 1969 state referendum to form the New Jersey Lottery. The first lottery tickets were sold the next year. Since then, the NJ Lottery has raised billions of dollars for education and other civic coffers.
The Garden State was one of the first states to legalize and implement online gambling, and the combined efforts of the state’s voters and lawmakers led to the anti-sports betting PASPA law being struck down by the Supreme Court at the federal level.
New Jersey passed a 2016 law allowing online couriers to sell lottery tickets; the only state to regulate such services at the time.
Creating a more modern process to access the lottery makes nothing but sense in today’s online retail environment, according to James Carey, acting executive director of the New Jersey Lottery in a 2019 press release announcing the inception of Jackpocket NJ.
“In New Jersey, 5.5 million adults actively use their smartphones to make daily purchases for everything from food to music,” Carey said. “Now, online players can use their smartphones to access a more convenient way to participate in the lottery within state borders.”