No deposit bonuses are the white whale of casino bonus offers. No other type of casino bonus is as worthy of your attention as the no deposit offer.
Thankfully, New Jersey casinos are anxious to gain and keep customers and market share in the crowded online casino landscape of the Garden State. So, you will be able to find numerous no deposit offers waiting for you if you know where to look.
Though the idea of a no deposit bonus might seem too good to be true, it is largely what it seems to be. However, every bonus offer is different, and it’s important that you be able to recognize the truly great deals from the ones that are a bit more questionable.
This page is your premier source for information that will help you make that determination. We will point you in the right direction for all the premium no deposit offers in New Jersey, and help you to maximize your share of the free money floating around.
Read on for all the details about no deposit bonuses in New Jersey online casinos.
Best no deposit casino offers at NJ online casinos
New Jersey no deposit casinos
If you already understand how no deposit bonuses work, we don’t want to waste your time. You’ve got some registering to do and some free money to get.
However, we might be able to offer you some guidance about where to look for the best deals in New Jersey. In many cases, if you use our link, you might set yourself up for a better deal than you could find anywhere else. Here are our picks for the best casinos in New Jersey that offer no deposit bonuses.
Best NJ no deposit casino bonus codes for September 2021
|Online Casinos||Free Bonus||Bonus Code||Play|
|Golden Nugget||$10||PLAYBONUS||PLAY NOW|
|Unibet Casino||$10||FREEBONUS||PLAY NOW|
|BetMGM Casino||$25||PLAYNJFREE||PLAY NOW|
|Borgata Online||$20||PLAYNJ||PLAY NOW|
|DraftKings Casino||$60||Click to Claim Promo||PLAY NOW|
|FanDuel Casino||N/A||Click to Claim Promo||PLAY NOW|
Golden Nugget Casino
If you’re talking about online casinos in New Jersey, Golden Nugget has to be at the top of the list. No other online casino in New Jersey has a bigger reach than the Nugget. In fact, Golden Nugget’s online site is so popular in the state that it out-earns several of the land-based properties in Atlantic City — including its own.
The site’s success largely stems from offering an incredible number of games to play. Golden Nugget is also the US pioneer for live dealer games, which have proven to be quite the draw for players wanting a more realistic experience.
New players to Golden Nugget can secure a $10 bonus just for signing up. All you have to do is enter promo code PLAYBONUS as you register, and the money will be waiting for you when you finish inputting your information.
Tropicana Casino is one of the original casinos in Atlantic City. Its online product, however, stands on its own two feet with an intuitive design and an extremely diverse set of games.
Where Tropicana truly shines is in its table game selection. The Trop has all the typical blackjack and roulette variations, but also has given players the ability to play craps, pai gow poker and hi-lo. There is even a whole section of the site dedicated to 90-ball bingo.
Tropicana has a great no deposit bonus for new players. Any guests who register with the promotional code PLAY25 will receive $25 in their account, free of charge.
Virgin Casino is part of the massive business conglomerate owned and operated by Sir Richard Branson. However, visitors to the New Jersey site will find a distinct similarity between Virgin and its license-mate, Tropicana.
That’s not to cast aspersions on the familiar brand. New players and seasoned veterans alike can find plenty of games of all kinds to play on Virgin Casino.
You can find an even better no deposit offer than at Tropicana, too. Anyone who registers and uses the bonus code 30BUCKS will receive exactly that much money to get started.
Caesars Casino offers one of the largest online casinos in the entire state. Its list of games numbers in the hundreds, and there are plenty of slots and table games to hold your attention.
Playing on the Caesars Casino site also grants you the opportunity to earn rewards points in the Caesars Rewards loyalty program. So, just by playing on Caesars, you could be earning yourself perks, discounts and benefits at Caesars properties around the world.
If you want to try Caesars casino, the site will make it worth your while. Simply enter promo code PLAY2021 as you register, for a deposit bonus up to $2,021.
BetMGM Casino is one of two online casinos in New Jersey owned and operated by MGM Resorts International. Players who are familiar with the level of quality at MGM properties around the world will not be disappointed here.
BetMGM Casino distinguishes itself with a rousing assortment of games to play. Notably, the site has an entire section of slots and table games that are unique to BetMGM and cannot be found elsewhere. BetMGM is also home to several virtual sports opportunities.
You can use BetMGM Casino promo code PLAYNJFREE when you register to take advantage of the no deposit bonus active onsite. After you complete your registration with the bonus code, you will find $25 waiting for you in your newly activated cashier area.
Unsurprisingly, Borgata Casino’s online site greatly resembles its sister site, BetMGM. However, Borgata is a bit more on the low-key side of things than BetMGM.
In addition to all the features above, you can also play one of many Slingo games at both Borgata and BetMGM. There are also millions of dollars in jackpots waiting to be won on this site.
If you want to give Borgata a try, make sure to use promo code PLAYNJ when you sign up for the first time. Borgata will stick $20 into your account for those six capital letters, so don’t miss out.
DraftKings Casino is one of the newest to come to the party in New Jersey. However, based upon the amenities found within, it was worth the wait.
Because DraftKings is such a new site, all of the bugs that plague older sites are not present, and the technology underlying the site is not dated in the slightest. Every game moves very quickly, and some — like several of its live dealer games — are available as 24-hour streams.
Best of all, DraftKings has the most generous no deposit bonus offer in New Jersey. Use our link, and DraftKings will provide a whopping $60 for you to test the site’s casino games. There’s no promo code or anything — just sign up and get going.
No deposit bonus alternatives in New Jersey
New Jersey has more online casinos than any other state in the nation. So the list of the best casinos for no deposit bonuses is not exhaustive by any means. In fact, there are several other casinos that offer no deposit bonuses to Garden State players.
- Pala Casino: Pala Casino has a $25 no deposit offer for new players. Use promo code OVBONUS to activate the claim.
- Mohegan Sun Casino: Use promotional code MAXBONUS when you sign up at Mohegan Sun Casino. The site will grant you $20 in bonus cash to start your journey.
- PartyCasino: PartyCasino is happy to throw 25 free spins your way if you’ll sign up for an account. Use promo code PLAYNJCASH in the optional bonus code section of the registration screen, and you’ll be all set.
- Resorts Casino: Like its license-mate Mohegan Sun, Resorts Casino will spot you $20 if you’ll give the site a look. The promotional code MAXBONUS works for this registration, too.
- Harrah’s Casino: Harrah’s Casino is part of the Caesars brand and represents one of the great names in American gambling. Use our secure link above and register to get a $10 pop for your first bets on the site.
- Unibet Casino: Unibet is a less-familiar name to many Americans, but it is a verifiable powerhouse overseas. You can use promo code FREEBONUS to activate a quick $10 bonus in any new account.
Hard Rock Casino: Hard Rock Casino is the latest creation of the food and entertainment empire made famous by nailing guitars and memorabilia to its restaurant walls. All new online accounts at Hard Rock get 50 free slot spins when they sign up through our link. Everything you win, you keep!
How do no deposit bonuses work?
No deposit bonuses are one of the main tools that online casinos use to draw in new customers. It is rare to find an active no deposit bonus for existing customers.
At first glance, it may seem as though the casinos are just giving away free money. Once you’ve registered, entered the promo code (if any) and logged into your cashier, you will see that there is a dollar amount listed in your account.
However, what online casinos have typically awarded you is bonus money. Bonus money is not actual cash, and you cannot withdraw it directly.
Instead, the casino site will mandate that you do a certain amount of gambling first before it releases the money to you in earnest. This mandate is called a playthrough requirement.
What are playthrough requirements?
A playthrough requirement, or a wagering requirement, is a certain dollar amount of wagers that you must undertake before your bonus dollars become eligible for withdrawal. The dollar amount is always a multiple of your bonus dollar amount.
For no deposit bonuses, the playthrough requirement is often a single turnover of the amount. In other words, you need to bet through your bonus dollars one time in order to convert them into cash.
However, casinos can make the requirement as onerous as they like. It’s not unusual to see playthrough requirements 10 times the bonus amount or more.
So, for instance, if you received a no deposit bonus of $25 with a 10x playthrough requirement, you would need to make $250 in bets before you could take the $25 out of your account.
How you choose to accomplish these wagers is up to you. It is important to note that you need only make bets in this amount — you don’t have to lose that much, or at all.
However, playthrough requirements usually come with strict time limits, too. If there is a high multiple and short timeframe, then you need to recognize that realizing the full value of the bonus may not be possible.
The bottom line is that you need to make sure to do your homework with any bonus offer.
Key terms and conditions on no deposit bonus offers
The best way to do your research on any bonus offer is to look at the offer’s terms and conditions. Every bonus you consider will have terms and conditions, and if it doesn’t, do not take the offer. The last thing you need is to agree to an offer without knowing all the details.
Terms and conditions describe the scope of the bonus offer, and are often steeped in legalese and other opaque language. However, if you know what elements you need to know, they’re not too difficult to decipher. Here are some of the key things to note in a bonus offer’s terms and conditions:
- Form of bonus: Look at how the casino is awarding the bonus. Any phrases like bonus money, bonus dollars or free play mean that there will be some kind of playthrough requirement.
- Playthrough requirement: We already talked about this term, but you should pay special attention to what value the multiple applies. Some casinos will make the requirement a multiple of the deposit amount or total amount, which could make satisfying the requirement much more difficult.
- Time limit: Make sure to check to see how long you have to satisfy the playthrough requirement. If the requirement has a high multiple and it’s a short timeframe, you might want to consider passing on the offer. Truthfully, it might require you to make decisions that affect your bankroll and personal life negatively.
- Eligibility: It’s important to see how the casino “counts” the wagers that you have to make to satisfy the requirement. Slots are usually dollar-for-dollar, but table games, video poker and other types of games might not contribute to the requirement as strongly. In other words, you might have to play quite a bit more on those types of games to hit the requirement.
- Exclusionary language: Look for words that indicate mandatory aspects of the bonus. Words like “must,” “only” and “cannot” indicate that there are some parts of the bonus that are not up for discussion. Be sure to read those sections carefully, because it would be quite frustrating to spend the time going after a bonus only to find that you were disqualified.
The takeaway is that you should do your best to read through the terms and conditions of any bonus that an online casino offers, regardless of whether it’s a no deposit bonus or another type of deal. When it comes to casino bonuses, the devil is truly in the details.
Other types of casino bonuses
As you play on New Jersey online casinos, you will encounter several other types of bonuses. They range from extremely generous deals worth thousands of dollars to trifling offers that are not worth the trouble. However, no matter what kind of bonus you’re considering, make sure that you read through its terms and conditions and look for the language above.
Here are some of the common types of bonuses you might see:
- Deposit bonus: The casino will match all or a portion of your deposit amount in bonus dollars or cash. Playthrough requirements are almost a certainty with deposit bonuses, and they are sometimes quite difficult to meet. These bonuses are also known as “match” bonuses or “reload”
- Cashback: A cashback bonus is a pledge to refund your losses over a certain time period or on a certain type of game. The refund will be limited in terms of the percentage of your loss and the total value of your loss. You will not receive any money back if you realize an overall win — cashback is only applied to net losses. These bonuses are also known as “insurance.”
- Leaderboards: Leaderboards serve to create some competition and camaraderie between players onsite. Bettors are awarded points for their play, and those points are tallied and displayed on a communal board. At the end of a certain time period, the top places on the leaderboard will receive prizes. These prizes are usually cash, but can be other rewards, depending on the promotion.
- Loyalty programs: Loyalty programs are common in both retail and online casinos. They grant more frequent players perks and benefits, such as merchandise discounts and restaurant priority status. They are almost always free to join, and can result in some cool benefits for players who put in the time.
Online casinos may also have one-off promotions for special events or times of the year. Though these bonuses will usually be one of the types above, they may be more specific or have a more sharply defined theme than a typical bonus.
Picking the right online casino
With so many great options from which to choose in New Jersey, you might be feeling a bit overwhelmed about choosing an online casino. After flipping through the sites, you might find they even start to blend together a bit.
The truth of the matter is that there’s no right answer for which one to play. Instead, it boils down to personal preference. However, as you consider a site, here are some of things that you can examine to help make a decision:
Obviously, the first thing to consider is the frequency and generosity of the site’s bonuses. Look at the offers and see whether the playthrough requirements are reasonable. Try to find bonuses that you would consider claiming if you were to play on the site.
It’s important that you be able to access the site with your desired device. If a site only works on browsers, you may not enjoy trying to see all the details on your phone’s screen. On the other hand, you might prefer to use your laptop or desktop, and some sites are mobile only.
You should be able to move around the different parts of the site without a problem. There should be no confusing structure or hidden areas that you need, like the cashier or frequently asked questions. The site should also be quick in its operation, so don’t accept a site that often has lag or disconnection issues.
Every site you visit will have slot titles available. However, if you prefer to play table games, you might have to shop around to find the games that you want to play. Even if you’re a slots fan, it’s still a good idea to go ahead and look at several sites — some sites have far greater selection and depth than others.
You always hope that things go well on a site. If they don’t, it’s important that you be able to contact support personnel without much difficulty. If a site does not have much in the way of active support, you might want to look elsewhere. Generally speaking, you should be able to get in touch with someone within a couple of minutes, no matter the time of day.
The bottom line
No deposit bonuses are one of the best types of bonus that you will find at New Jersey online casinos. Even if you’re not planning on staying on a particular site, it’s probably a good idea to take advantage of its offer. After all, the worst that could happen is that you lose money that you didn’t invest, so there’s no reason not to take a shot at some free bucks.