WSOP.com is owned and operated by Caesars Interactive Entertainment, with ground affiliation provided by Caesar Atlantic City. The online poker company launched legally in New Jersey on November 26, 2013.
WSOP saw an initial boom in players at the beginning of NJ regulated iGaming, and the online poker company’s player traffic has been solid since then, frequently topping the New Jersey charts in poker traffic.
The site has a slightly outdated interface but is a consistent source of reliably running games for New Jersey residents looking for a poker site with tons of ongoing promotions.
WSOP.com bonus code
Last verified: January 1, 2018
Rather than using a bonus code, you can claim both of WSOP.com’s new player offers by signing up using our link below. The two primary incentives are:
- $10 Free to play with. Will be credited within 72 hours from account registration. This is an exclusive offer, available to NJGamblingSites.com readers.
- 100% bonus on your first deposit of up to $400. Clearing $1 in bonus funds requires 10 Action Player Points. Bonus funds are forfeight if release requirements are not met in 60 days.
Game Security & Fairness
WSOP.com NJ has a partnership with 888Poker and the two sites share a player pool, which helps create traffic for both sites – a huge positive for poker players looking for a game. WSOP’s interface is a bit outdated, but it’s incredibly dependable and stable. Promotions are average for New Jersey online poker rooms and include a fair amount of new player deposit matching. Recently, WSOP integrated its player rewards program with Caesars Total Rewards, so reward points can now be earned online and used live at Caesars properties. WSOP.com is a good choice for New Jersey poker players.
Short-term promotions and bonuses
- Multi Table Hot Seat (January 14-20, 2018): play your favorite cash games each night to get your slice of the $5,000 prize pool. The winning tables will be picked randomly.
- Mega Monster Leaderboards (January 2-29, 2018): reach one of the top 20 spots to get your share of free tournament tickets worth up to $345.
WSOP New Jersey software
WSOP.com offers downloadable software available for both PC and MAC. Through a partnership with 888 Poker, WSOP.com uses 888’s poker platform, Dragonfish.
Dragonfish is incredibly stable and an easy to use client. However, some players complain that the interface is boring and outdated.
Requirements for real money play on WSOP.com are a Wi-Fi signal to verify player location and a verified WSOP.com player account.
If a player’s location cannot be verified via computer, player has the option to use a mobile phone to geo-locate. Wi-Fi on phone must also be enabled in order to verify location, and phone must be through a supported cellular provider.
WSOP.com has a somewhat complex banking system with limited options for withdrawals. Withdrawing on WSOP.com requires at a minimum a copy of a player’s valid government ID. More often than not players are required to submit additional proof of identity like a bank statement, or utility bill.
Recently WSOP.com started offering PayPal for secure deposits and withdrawals. This eliminates many of the hoops players had to go through to withdraw funds previously.
WSOP.com offers seven deposit methods, and five ways to withdraw. Most methods other than PayPal are often subject to high decline rates due to different bank’s policies on iGaming transactions.
|ACH Payments: E-Check||
|Visa/MasterCard: Credit or Debit||
|Cash at Cage: Cashiering at Caesars Atlantic City||
|PayNearMe: Deposit at local 7-Eleven||
|Bank Draft: Check||Yes||
Real money poker at WSOP.com
There are five game choices on WSOP.com, and most games have stakes ranging between $0.01/$0.02 -$5/$10. Players also have choices between either fixed or no-limit games.
- No-Limit & Pot Limit Hold’em
- Fixed Limit Hold’em
- No-Limit & Pot Limit Omaha
- Fixed Limit Omaha
- and, Fixed Limit 7 Card Stud
WSOP’s No-Limit Hold’em Sit-N-Go’s are small one table tournaments and are regularly offered throughout the day.
Table size ranges from heads-up (one player vs. another) or up to nine-handed. Buy-in amounts range from $1.10 – $55.
WSOP’s tournaments are rated above average and have good value, and therefore they draw decent crowds.
The tournaments include $100 free rolls, $3K Nightly Rebuys, and $20K guarantees. Larger tournaments are offered significantly less every month.
WSOP.com NJ player bonuses
WSOP.com has recently begun offering a plethora of promotions that incentivize new players, and retain current ones.
New player bonuses
WSOP.com offers three bonuses for new players.
- Welcome Week Freeroll: With first deposit earn seven entry tickets for $100 Daily Freeroll.
- First Deposit Bonus: Receive 100% on up to a $400 deposit.
- Free $10: When signing up, your first $10 is free.
Throughout the week WSOP.com hosts a variety of bonuses and player appreciation tournaments.
- $100 Daily: A low-stakes daily freeroll. A 600 player freeroll where the top 20% cash. Tournament starts nightly at 6:46 PST.
- SNG Leaderboards: $3,000 in weekly prize money for the top 50% of Sit & Go players. Week runs Wednesday through Tuesday.
- APP Leaderboards: $4,000 weekly in prize money, top 30 finishers paid.
- APP Threshold Bonuses: Instant cash bonuses awarded for every APP level achieved. Bonuses range from $50-$400
- The SOCs: Four large yearly events that are included in The Series of Online Championships.
- $20K Guarantee: Starts 4pm every Sunday, $200 entry fee, $20K guaranteed prize pool.
- $3K Nightly Rebuy: $30 buy-in, and a guaranteed $3K prize pool. Unlimited re-buys before the second break.
- Action Club Freeroll: A weekly tournament with other players with equal Action Club status. Also an entry ticket for a $15K guaranteed Sunday tournament for players that have achieved Gold Status or higher in the previous month.
- Earn Total Rewards: One Tier Credit is earned for every Action Player Point.
- Early Bird Special: Daily double APPS for players over the age of 55, between the hours of 12pm and 4pm.
WSOP Player Rewards
Players can earn points through WSOP’s Player Action Club by playing in any real money cash game, or tournament.
One APP is earned for every $1 of rake collected at a single table, and two APPs are earned for every $1 of tournament fees. Players will also earn one Tier Credit per APP earned. Tier Credits earned are applied to the Caesars Total Rewards Program.
Player reward tiers are divided up into monthly and yearly levels.
|Monthly Levels||Action Player Points|
|Copper Plus||20 APPs|
|Bronze Plus||100 APPs|
|Yearly Levels||Action Player Points|
|Super Elite||250,000 APPs|
|Seven Stars||450,000 APPs|
WSOP.com – Player Support
WSOP’s customer support is average, and can be hard to navigate. WSOP.com offers three ways receive support.
- Email: Supposedly 24/7, but quoted with a response time of 72 hours. Generally, response time can be expected to be about 24 hours.
- Phone: Limited available hours, but polite and eager representatives. However, it seems that phone representatives have no more information than can be gained from perusing WSOP.com yourself.
- WSOP Forum: Though the forum is official, there is no sign of its existence on WSOP.com. Also with an awkward interface and low traffic, it wouldn’t be recommended to search it out.
WSOP Updates January 2018
Ready to sit in the hot seat? Starting January 14th, you can play your favorite cash games from night in WSOP NJ’s Hot Seat promotion and possibly walk away with your share of $5,000. During the 5 – 8 pm time period, one table will be chosen at random to share in the prize pool. And, if you’re lucky enough to be sitting at a multi-tabling cash game, you’ll get an additional cash bonus.
You might want to use that bonus to gain entry into the 2018 World Series of Poker. The schedule was recently announced for this annual Las Vegas tournament that will have 78 bracelet events. Running from May 29 through July 17, you can also participate in 17 branded events, including Monster Stack ($1,500 No-Limit Hold’em), $888 Crazy Eights (8-Handed No-Limit Hold’em), The Marathon ($2,620 No-Limit Hold’em), and the PLO Giant ($365 PLO).