WSOP.com is owned and operated by Caesars Interactive Entertainment, with ground affiliation provided by Caesars Atlantic City. The online poker company launched legally in New Jersey on Nov. 26, 2013.
WSOP saw an initial boom in players at the beginning of NJ regulated iGaming, and the online poker company’s player traffic has been solid since then, frequently topping the New Jersey charts in poker traffic. WSOP NJ also shares its player pool with sister poker site, 888 Poker.
Meanwhile, the launch of the Multi-State Internet Gaming Alliance on May 1, 2018, changes things dramatically for New Jersey players. 888 Poker and WSOP.com players in New Jersey can play cash games with players from Nevada and Delaware. The shared player pool unites the family of 888/WSOP players in all three states.
The site has a slightly outdated interface but is a consistent source of reliably running games for New Jersey residents looking for a poker site with tons of ongoing promotions.
WSOP.com bonus code
Last verified: June 1, 2018
Rather than using a bonus code, you can claim both of WSOP.com’s new player offers by signing up using our link below. The two primary incentives are:
- $10 Free to play with. Will be credited within 72 hours from account registration. This is an exclusive offer, available to NJGamblingSites.com readers.
- 100% bonus of up to $1,000 on your first deposit. Clearing $1 in bonus funds requires 10 Action Player Points. Bonus funds are forfeight if release requirements are not met in 60 days.
- Customer Service
- Game Security & Fairness
WSOP.com NJ has a partnership with 888Poker and the two sites share a player pool, which helps create traffic for both sites – a huge positive for poker players looking for a game. WSOP’s interface is a bit outdated, but it’s incredibly dependable and stable. Promotions are average for New Jersey online poker rooms and include a fair amount of new player deposit matching. Recently, WSOP integrated its player rewards program with Caesars Total Rewards, so reward points can now be earned online and used live at Caesars properties. WSOP.com is a good choice for New Jersey poker players.
Short-term promotions and bonuses
- Second Chance Freerolls (May 28 – June 24, 2018): if you didn’t win a seat at the WSOP Event #47: The $565 PLO Online Bracelet, you can get a second chance with WSOP’s exclusive freerolls.
- WSOP Event #63 – $3,200 No Limit Hold’em Online Bracelet High Roller (June 1-30, 2018): win a seat at the $3,200 high-roller event for $75 by taking advantage of the WSOP satellites.
- June Reload 2018 (June 1-30, 2018): opt in and make a qualifying deposit to earn a 100% reload bonus worth up to $1,000.
- WSOP Event #47: The $565 PLO Online Bracelet (June 1-17, 2018): win a seat at this $1,000,000 guaranteed event by participating in $15 satellites.
WSOP New Jersey software
WSOP.com offers downloadable software available for both PC and MAC. Through a partnership with 888 Poker, WSOP.com uses 888’s poker platform, Dragonfish.
Dragonfish is incredibly stable and an easy to use client. However, some players complain that the interface is boring and outdated.
Requirements for real money play on WSOP.com are a Wi-Fi signal to verify player location and a verified WSOP.com player account.
If a player’s location cannot be verified via computer, player has the option to use a mobile phone to geo-locate. Wi-Fi on phone must also be enabled in order to verify location, and phone must be through a supported cellular provider.
WSOP.com has a somewhat complex banking system with limited options for withdrawals. Withdrawing on WSOP.com requires at a minimum a copy of a player’s valid government ID. More often than not players are required to submit additional proof of identity like a bank statement, or utility bill.
Recently WSOP.com started offering PayPal for secure deposits and withdrawals. This eliminates many of the hoops players had to go through to withdraw funds previously.
WSOP.com offers seven deposit methods, and five ways to withdraw. Most methods other than PayPal are often subject to high decline rates due to different bank’s policies on iGaming transactions.
|ACH Payments: E-Check|
|Visa/MasterCard: Credit or Debit|
|Cash at Cage: Cashiering at Caesars Atlantic City|
|PayNearMe: Deposit at local 7-Eleven|
|Bank Draft: Check||Yes|
Real money poker at WSOP.com
There are five game choices on WSOP.com, and most games have stakes ranging between $0.01/$0.02 -$5/$10. Players also have choices between either fixed or no-limit games.
- No-Limit & Pot Limit Hold’em
- Fixed Limit Hold’em
- No-Limit & Pot Limit Omaha
- Fixed Limit Omaha
- and, Fixed Limit 7 Card Stud
WSOP’s No-Limit Hold’em Sit-N-Go’s are small one table tournaments and are regularly offered throughout the day.
Table size ranges from heads-up (one player vs. another) or up to nine-handed. Buy-in amounts range from $1.10 – $55.
WSOP’s tournaments are rated above average and have good value, and therefore they draw decent crowds.
The tournaments include $100 free rolls, $3K Nightly Rebuys, and $20K guarantees. Larger tournaments are offered significantly less every month.
WSOP.com NJ player bonuses
WSOP.com has recently begun offering a plethora of promotions that incentivize new players, and retain current ones.
New player bonuses
WSOP.com offers three bonuses for new players.
- Welcome Week Freeroll: With first deposit earn seven entry tickets for $100 Daily Freeroll.
- First Deposit Bonus: Receive 100% on up to a $400 deposit.
- Free $10: When signing up, your first $10 is free.
Throughout the week WSOP.com hosts a variety of bonuses and player appreciation tournaments.
- $100 Daily: A low-stakes daily freeroll. A 600 player freeroll where the top 20% cash. Tournament starts nightly at 6:46 PST.
- SNG Leaderboards: $3,000 in weekly prize money for the top 50% of Sit & Go players. Week runs Wednesday through Tuesday.
- APP Leaderboards: $4,000 weekly in prize money, top 30 finishers paid.
- APP Threshold Bonuses: Instant cash bonuses awarded for every APP level achieved. Bonuses range from $50-$400
- The SOCs: Four large yearly events that are included in The Series of Online Championships.
- $20K Guarantee: Starts 4pm every Sunday, $200 entry fee, $20K guaranteed prize pool.
- $3K Nightly Rebuy: $30 buy-in, and a guaranteed $3K prize pool. Unlimited re-buys before the second break.
- Action Club Freeroll: A weekly tournament with other players with equal Action Club status. Also an entry ticket for a $15K guaranteed Sunday tournament for players that have achieved Gold Status or higher in the previous month.
- Earn Total Rewards: One Tier Credit is earned for every Action Player Point.
- Early Bird Special: Daily double APPS for players over the age of 55, between the hours of 12pm and 4pm.
WSOP Player Rewards
Players can earn loyalty points through WSOP’s Poker Rewards program by playing in any real money cash game or tournament.
Two APPs are earned for every $1 in rake or tournament fees collected by WSOP. Players can also earn one Tier Credit per APP earned. Tier Credits are applied to the Caesars Total Rewards Program.
Available tiers are:
- Player: base tier
- Bronze: 200 APPs / month
- Silver: 750 APPs / month
- Elite: 1,500 APPs / month
- Champions Club: 20,000 APPs / year
Starting at Bronze, accrued APPs are automatically converted to WSOP Points, which in turn can be exchanged for real cash at a rate of 100 Points per dollar. The higher your tier, the more WSOP Points you earn per APP:
- Player: does not accrue WSOP Points
- Bronze: 4x multiplier
- Silver: 10x multiplier
- Elite: 12.5 multiplier
- Champions Club: 16x multiplier
For example, a Silver member with 1,000 APPs will receive 10,000 WSOP Points. This can be exchanged for $100 in cash.
The good thing about this program is that it awards up to 32 percent rakeback to the most active poker players ($10,000+ rake/year). The bad thing is that rakeback is only offered starting at the Bronze level, which requires at least $100 in rake paid per month.
WSOP.com – Player Support
WSOP’s customer support is average, and can be hard to navigate. WSOP.com offers three ways receive support.
- Email: Supposedly 24/7, but quoted with a response time of 72 hours. Generally, response time can be expected to be about 24 hours.
- Phone: Limited available hours, but polite and eager representatives. However, it seems that phone representatives have no more information than can be gained from perusing WSOP.com yourself.
- WSOP Forum: Though the forum is official, there is no sign of its existence on WSOP.com. Also with an awkward interface and low traffic, it wouldn’t be recommended to search it out.
WSOP NJ updates June 2018
WSOP.com is having a $15 Million Summer. During the month of June, there are 4 online events that will award a bracelet and a wad of cash:
- Event #10: June 3, $365 Buy-In, $500k guarantee
- Event #47: June 22, $565 Buy-In, Pot-Limit Omaha
- Event #61: June 29, $1,000 Buy-In, No-Limit Hold’em, $1,000,000 guarantee
- Event #63: June 30, $3,200 Buy-In, High Roller, $1,000,000 guarantee
There are still almost 50 events yet to play in Las Vegas at the 49th Annual World Series of Poker. Lots of action to be had if you can get there, or tune in via PokerGo and Twitch, both of which are offering online WSOP coverage.