Wynn’s first online sportsbook outside of Nevada opened in New Jersey in the second half of 2020 as Wynn Sports began expanding its reach.
While Wynn Sportsbook is new to the online sportsbook marketplace, that doesn’t mean it’s not worthy of your attention. In this review, we’ll give you a thorough breakdown of everything Wynn’s sports betting app has to offer. From how to create your account to what you get for signing up and making your first deposit, to what features Wynn has and how they benefit you, and more. Check out one of these top NJ sportsbooks.
So dive in and see if Wynn Online Sportsbook is right for you.
Wynn Sportsbook NJ bonus: Up to a $500 value
It is common practice for sportsbooks to offer sign-up bonuses and rewards for new customers, and Wynn’s online sportsbook in New Jersey is part of that crowd, as it has an offer for up to a $500 risk-free bet when you make your initial deposit. Here’s how it works.
- Once you’ve created your account (details on how to do so are listed below), you need to make your initial deposit for a minimum of $20.
- Make your first sports bet for a minimum of $20. The odds for the bet must be between -150 and +10,000.
- If your bet wins, nothing changes; you simply collect your winnings, but …
- If your bet loses, you will be credited the money you lost for a free bet up to a maximum of $500.
Here’s a few other points to understand and a tip we think is helpful.
Remember you must deposit at least $20 to qualify for the offer, and it’s only your first bet that is eligible, not your first losing bet. Just make sure the odds fall between the required ranged mentioned above.
Final two points: You don’t need a bonus or promo code to get the offer, simply follow our links; and, this promotion runs only until January 31st, 2021.
If Wynn officially announces this as a standing offer for new customers, we definitely will update accordingly.
Wynn Sportsbook bonus 2021
|NJ Online Sportsbook||Wynn Sportsbook NJ|
|Bonus Code||None - Use Links|
|Bonus Offer||Up to $500 risk-free bet|
|Last Updated||July 2021|
Regular promotions available on Wynn NJ Sportsbook
While Wynn’s online sportsbook has the aforementioned risk-free bet offer for up to $500, it does not have any other promotions announced at this time.
To remain competitive in a New Jersey sports betting marketplace that saw a record $748 million betting handle in September 2020, Wynn likely will seek to introduce promos that reward players for giving the sportsbook their business.
When you look at what other sportsbook across New Jersey and the rest of the US are offering, you can understand why promotions are so important.
Here’s a look at a couple of the more common promos out there, to get an idea of what Wynn could offer in the future.
- Odds boosts: The odds for various events are increased to give sports bettors a better return on winning bets.
- Risk-free bets: While Wynn has a risk-free offer for new customers, other sportsbooks make it a regular practice to have risk-free offers throughout the year. It is important to note that these promos are often capped at $10 or $20 and are usually refunded in free bets or site credit.
When Wynn begins offering different types of incentives, you’ll hear about it here first, so make sure to check back so you don’t miss out.
Is Wynn legal in New Jersey?
Yes. Wynn Sportsbook was approved by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement and had a five-day soft-launch period, which is required by the NJDGE, before going live for the general public in August 2020.
At the time of its inception in the Garden State, Wynn was the 18th sportsbook app in the state.
One of the key parts of sports betting law in New Jersey is that it’s illegal to bet on NCAA teams from the state or any college sporting event taking place in the state, which means no betting on Seton Hall or Rutgers, but colleges like Temple and St. John’s are fair game.
How to create an account at Wynn Sports New Jersey
When it comes to creating your account with Wynn’s online sportsbook, it’s very similar to signing up for any online service and should take only a few minutes of your time. Here is a rundown of the process, what info you’ll need to supply and what happens if Wynn is unable to confirm your identity.
The first step is downloading and installing the free Wynn app, which is available for both Apple and Android devices by following our links. The sportsbook app works on iPhones, iPads, and Android devices like Samsung Galaxy or Google Pixel phones.
You probably will have to grant security permission when installing the app. Once that’s completed, open the app and tap register. From here you will be required to enter your name, home and email address, your date of birth and the final four digits of your Social Security number. You also will need to select and answer two security questions.
If all goes well, you’ll be all set. It is possible that you might need to supply additional docs in order to confirm your identity.
If that’s the case, Wynn will ask for some type of photo ID as well as an upload verifying your home address. Your driver’s license is great because you can use it for both. Otherwise, you could use your passport for the first step and a utility bill to complete the second step.
It will take Wynn a few minutes to go over your documents, but then your account will be all set up.
Wynn Sportsbook app
While some sportsbooks have both online and retail locations in New Jersey, it appears that at least for the time being Wynn Sportsbook’s app will be a standalone. With that being the case, we’ve put together a roundup of info about the app to help you get started.
As discussed in the section above, the app is free and available for Android and Apple phones and tablets. You can download it by following our links.
As soon as you’ve created your account and made a deposit, you’ll be ready to start betting. You will need to have your geolocation software turned on so that the app can confirm that you’re somewhere in New Jersey.
Whether you’re using an iPhone, Samsung phone, iPad, Amazon Fire tablet or other device, the Wynn Sportsbook app will look pretty much the same.
At the top of the page, you’ll be able to see your current account balance as well as icons to access your bets and the Wynn main menu. Below is a search bar to help you quickly find what you’re looking for and then links to all the sports you can wager on at Wynn.
We think you’ll find that cruising around the app is easy, and everything is labeled well. One feature we especially like is when placing bets you can elect to either enter the dollar amount you plan to bet or the dollar amount you want to win. If you enter the amount you want to win, it will automatically populate how much you need to bet to win that amount.
Wynn online sportsbook features and benefits
Gone are the days of having to place your sports bets at a retail sportsbook. Now you’re able to make any bet you’d like from wherever you are in New Jersey using apps such as Wynn’s. That is clearly the best feature Wynn has to offer at the present time.
We also are a fan of the site’s betting slip, as we detailed in the previous section. It feels more user friendly than a lot of other sportsbooks out there. And since we expect you’ll be doing a fair amount of sports betting, the functionality of the bet slip is actually really important.
Wynn’s risk-free bet promotion is another solid offering from the sportsbook, but frankly, by itself, it is a bit short of some of the sign-up and deposit offers at a number of other sportsbooks in the state.
What we would love to see is a few promotions that allow bettors to get rewarded for giving Wynn their business. It’s always great to reward people for signing up, but it’s our opinion that it’s equally important to give back to those who continue to do business with you.
It’s our expectation that Wynn Sportsbook will add different promotions and specials, and when it does, we’ll be sure to evaluate them and give you our feedback as to whether they are a good deal for you.
Types of bets available on the Wynn sports betting
Most of the bet types are available at Wynn Sportsbook in NJ. Though there is one significant market missing, we do expect that to change in short order. Here are those bet types, with an example for each in order to make it easier to understand if you’re new to betting on sports.
- Moneyline: This is probably the simplest type of bet to understand because all you are doing is picking which team or individual you expect to win a specific game. You will be able to tell who the favorite is, as that team will have a negative number, while on the flip side the team that is the underdog will have a positive number. For example, if the New York Jets and New York Giants are playing and the Jets are favored, it could be listed as Jets -225 and Giants +190. As for what those figures mean, they’re based on either betting or winning $100. So, -225 means you would need to wager $225 on the Jets in order to win $100, while +190 means a $100 bet on the Giants would win you $190.
- Point spreads: For spread betting, or betting against the spread, you’re betting based on what the final score will be and whether your pick will cover the spread. Just like before, underdogs are marked with positive figures, favorites with negative. Sticking with the example from above, the Jets might be listed at -4.5 and the Giants at +4.5. That means for your bet on the Jets to win, they must win by five points or more, whereas for a bet on the Giants to win, they must win outright or lose by four points or fewer.
- Totals: Also known as over/unders, these are wagers where you are betting on whether a given number will end up being higher or lower in the actual game. Let’s say the Philadelphia 76ers are playing the Brooklyn Nets. The total for points scored might be 218.5. If you take the over, you are betting that when the final score is added up it will be higher than 218.5. So if the 76ers beat the Nets 112-108, your bet would win (112+108=220).
- Prop bets: Prop bets are a popular form of betting in which you’re wagering on whether specific events will happen during a game. They can range from a player hitting a home run, scoring a goal or a touchdown, getting a triple-double or many more events. In baseball you might see a prop bet for whether Yankees outfielder Aaron Judge will hit a home run. It could be listed as Yes +325, No -455. Just like before, that means a $100 wager on yes would win you $325, while it would take a $455 bet on no to win $100.
- Parlays: These are some of the hardest bets to get right, while at the same time being some of the most profitable when you do succeed. In parlays, you make multiple selections, and the odds go up with each additional selection you make. For your bet to win, though, every leg of the parlay must be right. It’s all or nothing; one wrong pick and you lose. For example, let’s say you pick the New York Giants (+475), Jets (+235) and Philadelphia Eagles (+245) to all win. Since they’re all underdogs, the combined odds would be around +6546, so all it would take is a $10 bet to win $654.60. Pretty nice return on investment, although we can’t say we endorse picking those three teams to win in one weekend.
- Futures: Here’s the one major type of bet that is not yet available at Wynn Sportsbook. We do expect it to be available soon, though. Futures are more long-term bets. They’re most common at the beginning of a season when it comes to picking who will win the championship that season. You’ll also see futures for a team’s regular season record, while individual player futures are most common when it comes to who will win awards like MVP. You may see the New Jersey Devils, for example, listed at +1000 to hoist the Stanley Cup or for New York Rangers star Artemi Panarin to be named MVP.
Sports you can bet on at Wynn in New Jersey
Obviously if you’re considering signing up with Wynn Sportsbook, you’ll want to know the sports that you can and can’t bet on there. Well, let’s start with the one big sport that isn’t an option at Wynn, and that’s motorsports of any kind.
Pretty simply, if you’re looking for a sportsbook where you can bet on IndyCar or NASCAR, then Wynn is not currently for you. We’d expect that to change going forward, so be sure to check back for when auto racing is available at Wynn.
As for the sports you can bet on Wynn Sportsbook in NJ, read on for a quick summary.
Since we’ve got four NHL teams in and around the state, we’ll start there. If you’re looking to bet on the Devils, Islanders, Rangers, Flyers or any other team in the NHL, you can do so at Wynn.
Major League Baseball also is an option at Wynn, meaning you can bet on all the Phillies, Mets or Yankees games you please, along with the other 27 MLB teams.
In the NBA, we’re sure there are still a lot of Nets fans from all the years they spent playing in New Jersey. And you’ve obviously got the Knicks, 76ers and the rest of the NBA to wager on, too.
And while neither the Jets nor the Giants have New Jersey in their name, they still play their games here at MetLife Stadium. You can wager on either of them or the Eagles or the remaining 29 NFL teams on Wynn’s sportsbook app.
As far as we’re concerned, Wynn has just about all the sports you need at a sportsbook, and as soon as it adds auto racing, it’ll be all set.
How to deposit and withdraw at Wynn Sportsbook
Currently, there are only a few options for putting money in and taking money out of your Wynn Sportsbook account:
- PayPal, Play+ Card
You can also deposit and withdraw your funds in person at Caesars Atlantic City Casino.
How to contact Wynn New Jersey customer support
Hopefully this is a section you never need to come back to, because that would mean you never run into any problems at Wynn. But if and when you do, there are a trio of ways to get in touch with Wynn’s customer support team.
When you open the main menu by clicking the Wynn logo in the app, you’ll then select the “Support & FAQ” button. From there you can begin a live chat with customer support or email for help directly. You also have the option of making a phone call at 201-383-2837.
We also advise skimming over the FAQs to check if your issues already have been addressed.
Responsible gambling at Wynn Sports Book
Responsible gambling is something that Wynn and all reputable sportsbooks take very seriously. To that end, at Wynn’s online sportsbook you are given options to regulate how often you can be on the app, the amount of money you can put into your account and the amount of money you are able to bet.
If you are in need of more help and support, you can lock yourself out of the app for what’s considered a cooling-off period. And as a final resort, you can ban yourself entirely for either one or five years.
The app also has links to help with your tax filings when it comes to sports betting wins or losses.